MG Organic Choice Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SmokinBluntsTX, Apr 28, 2010.

1. I currently have this kind...
    [​IMG]
    It has sticks and bark in it? So far one of my plants have died at not even a week old.
    It turned all yellow and i pulled it up.
    On the other hand, i have another one thats growing in the same soil and growing better, it's growing very slow.
    It's been in the soil for about 3-4 days and it only has one green-round leaf.
    I'm hoping the nodes start coming through tomorrow or the next day.

Ill upload pics tomorrow/day after

2. #2 InRoute247, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
    Yup, that is the same soil I have.
    MG organic growers united :rolleyes:

4 days in soil now, mine are too early to tell if they are suffering due to the soil.
    Are you germinating outdoors aswell?

3. 2 Seeds were germinated inside and 2 were germinated outside.
    Could i see a picture of yours if you have one?
    Ill get a picture of mine tomorrow.

How many leaves/nodes do you have

4. i have the same soil lol. mine were germed inside and are a week old with one nice set of leaves.

5. It must be a southern thang, or a Lowes thing.
    I wont go back out to the plot till frida, i'll take a pic hopefully they've stood up by then :rolleyes:

6. I have an irrational dislike of Miracle Grow products because their chemical based slow release primary product lines kill so much soil with salt deposits.

7. im not sure the difference between your soil and mine but i currently have a fem short stuff snowryder, regular short stuff himalaya blue diesel, two dutch passion fem taigas and two seedsman purple bud regulars outside in a mix of mg organic potting soil and eathgro potting soil with lots of mg perlite and my plants all have their second set of leaves and look healthy as can be. Maybe try the potting soil next time? anyone know the difference?

8. #8 mrbob_58, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
    MG caused me to loose my first grow due to nute burn...never again when there are way better products out there. I switched to Promix bx and never looked back.

PS: I dumped what was left of the MG on some bald spots on my front yard......nothin grew there either

9. Grass wont grow unless you areiate and seed, duh :smoking:

10. it will cause ur seedlings to stretch out due to only N bein available in the begining. With an organic mix not everything is available to the plant till it developes the microbes to break all the nutes down and use them.... if u read on that bag in the garunteed analasys it says that there is only .97% N or something available at first. I use the MG organic choice on the grow in my journal but i added green sand, perlite, and cocunut husk with filler soil. The green sand added the K to the mix that i needed for close internodes..... now i got a plant a foot wide and 6 inches tall with the help of some good ole LST and Topping.