Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MFLB-Worth It?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GUK3R, Sep 25, 2012.

1. I'm trying to keep my spending to about $50 a week on bud and bud related things. I've been keeping it up for the past 3 weeks but In my area an 8th goes for $50-$60. Anybody who smokes daily knows that it won't last for a full 7 days unless you have the tolerance of an infant.

This week I am really considering shelling out an extra $30 or $40 to get a MFLB because I need to make my bud go as far as possible. I have a few questions to the owners of this magical product.

How much more efficient is it compared to a glass bowl?
    How is the high compared to smoking?
    Where is the best place to order it online?
    :wave:

2. eBay is where I bought mine. The great thing about the box is that you can put in very small amounts of weed and still get clouds. I can stretch a gram out over a week and a half, getting high every day (I have low tolerance but still, it conserves very well). I can't explain the difference in the type of high. Clearer perhaps.

3. GET IT. Get the wall adapter with it (the batteries lose power and you need to recharge them, so this is great to have). It saves your weed like nothing else. The high is different then via smoking (a little clearer, for me at least). There is a technique to using it, but once you have it down, it's amazing. You can get pretty damn high with one. Plus it doesn't smell strong at all and it tastes pretty good. I have an MFLB, wall adapter and 2ft whip and it's pretty nice.

Some people say it doesn't get them high, but that's because they aren't using it right. You HAVE to use the right breathing method.

4. And you can saved your vaped weed to smoke or use for cooking.

5. Yea it conserves a lot more compared to smoking. I have a low tolerance but usually when I smoke it's .2 to .3 grams for a few hours (I usually only smoke at night a few hours before bed).

With the MFLB though, I can use .1 for the night and usually I don't completely kill the bowl too and can get a small high the next night. I save my ABV for filler in joints.

With the fact I also use a 4 piece for kief collecting, an 8th goes a long way. Other PROs include: little to no smell that disappears after a few mins (with ventilation), portability, and convenience.

I got mine from amazon for like 70 bucks shipped.

6. [quote name='"pingingpong"']Yea it conserves a lot more compared to smoking. I have a low tolerance but usually when I smoke it's .2 to .3 grams for a few hours (I usually only smoke at night a few hours before bed).

With the MFLB though, I can use .1 for the night and usually I don't completely kill the bowl too and can get a small high the next night. I save my ABV for filler in joints.

With the fact I also use a 4 piece for kief collecting, an 8th goes a long way. Other PROs include: little to no smell that disappears after a few mins (with ventilation), portability, and convenience.

I got mine from amazon for like 70 bucks shipped.[/quote]

Yeah I'm deff getting this. I'm just wondering can vapes get you as high as smoking? I mean fucking blitzkriegedfor those special occasions haha

7. I really like mine. I just use the batteries.
    You end up with vape poo to smoke later.
    I didnt invent the term vape poo but I like it.

8. [quote name='"Joey Metro"']I really like mine. I just use the batteries.
    You end up with vape poo to smoke later.
    I didnt invent the term vape poo but I like it.[/quote]

???????

9. [quote name='"GUK3R"']

???????[/quote]

Vape poo or abv "already been vaped"

10. If youre looking for efficiency I would just get a bong.you could make an e last a week or two if you limit your smoking to only like after 5 or 6.you get more faded if you wait to smoke till later in the day too

11. Yes, def worth it and I play like a game with mine. Its like a stealth james bond 007 ish where I just find sketchy places to toke with it and see how easy it is for no one to notice. I'm batting 1.000 for now.

12. The general rule of thumb that I've heard around GC is that vaporizers conserve at a 3:1 ratio in comparison to combustion.

That seems like a worthy investment to me!

13. I am about an eigth a week smoker too.

I found my tolerance was enough to make the MFLB a pain. It takes 2 trenches or so, at like 10-15 min each... Kinda crappy hits, very stealth.

TBH I think the whole efficiency thing is blown way out of proportion, but then it really depends on how you use a lighter. You can torch the shit out of a bowl, and get a lot less smoke then if you keep the heat of a bit and milk that shit.

If you think about it, slow bong rip likely vaporizes the herb too. Again, if your gentile with your lighter and don't give it much more then it takes to get cherry you can burn one side of the bowl, while the other is completely green right?
    Well, if one side of the herb is burning, and the other is not.... You have a temperature gradient across the bowl ranging from burning, to not even changing the color of the herb. This means at some point in that heat gradient, in the herb around but not actually in the cherry the temperature is sufficent to vaporize the cannibanoids.
    I got no proof, but a slow milky hit will be vaporizing the herb up ahead of the cherry, then burning the plant material and left over cannibanoids... it only makes sense.

I've had two EQs, a solo and a MFLB. I vape everyday and I can tell you that a bong rip taken with efficiency in mind can possibly even be more economical then a vape, at least when you take minimum bowl size in to account... Especially if you factor in having to buy the vape.

I wouldn't get the vape just to save money, I would work on your lighter and draw techniques with the bong.

If you want a vape because vapes are cool... Well I agree :p
    But save up and get something else. I think most people will outgrow a MFLB.

I know a ton of people here LOVE the MFLB, but I think really its popularity really comes from "kids" (young adults? :p ) trying to get high in their parents house... Also the people who have only tried the MFLB and don't know how much better hits most other decent vapes give. Look around the vaporizor sub-section, "HOLY SHIT, this works so much better then my MFLB" is a fairly common theme. Not too many people moving from solos or desktop units to the MFLB, but PLENTY going the other direction.

14. [quote name='"GUK3R"']

Yeah I'm deff getting this. I'm just wondering can vapes get you as high as smoking? I mean fucking blitzkriegedfor those special occasions haha[/quote]

Oh for sure, it takes time and concentration though. Its a slower process then milking a bong and being instantly blown. If you vaped the equivalent amount of bud of what you'd normally smoke you get uncontrollably blown but it could take a good hour if your with friends. Its kinda like drinking beer versus hard liquor, you get intoxicated either way.

15. The amount of money you save with a MFLB is ridiculous also. You can be high for a week straight off a g. Pays for itself in no time.

16. Vapes can get you high as fuck... Its a little different feeling but not too different depending on the temps used (as long as you use higher temps).

Yeah, but.... Hitting a bong is always faster. Thats not really vaping vs smoking.
    Think about hitting a little pipe, and vaping (from a decent unit) is about as fast/slow.

Smoking is maybe a tiny faster, but if I took bowl that I could barely snap smoking in a bong and pack it in the EQ it would be like 1.5 vapor bong hits, and that is mainly because you get a little more dead air in the beging of vb hits, and because smoking you can snap some herb uncooked.

17. [quote name='"GUK3R"']

Yeah I'm deff getting this. I'm just wondering can vapes get you as high as smoking? I mean fucking blitzkriegedfor those special occasions haha[/quote]

Gets you higher than smokikng because you afre receiving the optimal amounts of thc and other psychoactive elements.

18. I've smoked mflb. All I gotta say is my hisi got my way more rocked than that thing did. Don't see the crazy with them, they are strange to use, way to expensive for what they are. Plug in vapes are better because they keep a more constant heat.

19. Please don't waste your money on the most overrated garbage device out there. I brought it last year and probably used it for a week after I brought it and haven't touched it since. The high is NOTHING close to a normal high, and the vape is weak as shit. I've used real vapes and it doesn't compare. For $120 you might as well save another 100 or 2 and buy a real vape. And as far as being portable goes, you can get much higher with a one hitter that costs max $15. Don't waste your money.

20. [quote name='"lostindasauce"']Please don't waste your money on the most overrated garbage device out there. I brought it last year and probably used it for a week after I brought it and haven't touched it since. The high is NOTHING close to a normal high, and the vape is weak as shit. I've used real vapes and it doesn't compare. For $120 you might as well save another 100 or 2 and buy a real vape. And as far as being portable goes, you can get much higher with a one hitter that costs max $15. Don't waste your money.[/quote]

Still haven't got it. I'm going to try it before I buy it anyway.