MFLB Power Adapter

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by tyorke, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hey guys, just wanted to tell you I got the power adapter for the launch box from Magic Flight a few days ago, and I highly recommend it if you're an MFLB user and don't mind being connected to a wall outlet. :) I used the power on maybe 50%, and the vapor clouds were WAY thicker than usual. So thick that I was coughing with my usual draw technique compared to batteries (I did a side-by-side test...no coughing with a fresh battery yet coughing with the power adapter). So I turned the adapter down (and rest assured it was vapor and not smoke that was making me cough) to like 30/40% and it's perfect.

Basically, you can get some THICK THICK vapor clouds (would be great for trying with a water pipe I guess) with this thing. If you're a fellow launch box user it's worth a shot.

Any questions about it feel free to ask and I can try to answer them.

2. Love the PA! I could be coughin every hit if I have it set high enough :p a little over half is best though for me. PA really makes the MFLB a whole new vaping unit. I would never touch a battery again unless I needed to use it for stealth, which normally I do not since I can smoke in my room.

But really a great addition, very well worth the price. Good choice :smoke:

3. Definitely. I never upgraded my batteries and the ones I was using were about 3 months old, so when I took the first hit I was like...AM I BURNING THIS? But it was still green and just a little bit browned. Then I was like :D.

The batteries like you said are definitely still nice. I'll use them if I just want a quick toke or two before bed and don't want to get super high.

4. I agree, I didn't realize how shot my batteries even were when I had them, they would be good for like one trench, and shitty power at that.

Ran the PA the first time at full power, and ignited my herb at end of trench, C'est la vie.

I wish I had more flower to run in my MFLB, hash is easier to smoke in bong.

5. Imo the power adapter is a waste. I have an mflb. If i wanted to spend around 170 bucks ill buy a nice table top vape instead of spending it on a wooden box and power cord.

6. Yeah I want a MFLB badly, and this power adapter sounds like an awesome addition, but why the hell does it cost almost as much as the box itself? Seems like they're trying to rip you off, its a fucking battery that plugs into the wall, no way is that worth 60 bucks

Makes me reconsider considering that purchase when for the same price as the MFLB and the adapter I could just buy a Da Buddha or just a nice bong...

7. The PA is not as simple as you describe. The parts are not as cheap as you expect them to be. Magic Flight would rather the PA be made with quality parts and assembled by well trained techs at home in California instead of being outsourced to China to have some chintzy and dangerous POS be given to the customer to meet expectations such as yours.

Magic Flight is doing things right and $60 is totally a fair price for a piece of gear that is going to perform at a high level for a long time.

8. Exactly. It is reliable, homemade (essentially), AMERICAN made, and just a nice addition to the MFLB.

I like my MFLB not because its a well priced vaporizer (although that is a great addition), I like the wood, organic feel to it. I like how small it is and just how innovative it is. It is kind of like a bong, a bit of functional art. The PA is expensive, but it is also of the same wooden asthetics, looks very slick and makes the unit work about treefiddy% better.

It's not all about money, and what you could get for the same amount of money.

9. Well the picture of of the power adapter on the MFLB website that looks like your average plastic POS phone charger coulda fooled anyone haha,

if it truly is hand made by the same company as the MFLB, and has some aesthetics of the box itself, then that changes the whole ball-game! but I just don't remember reading/seeing any of this info you guys have on the website...

10. [​IMG]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. But me, and many other people, think this looks aesthetic as fuk.

11. If you want natural wood spend your 180 on a zap. Not the mflb and PA. Thats just not sensible at all. The mflb is a great stealthy, portable vape and thats about it.

12. Oh fuck yeah I'd pay 60 bucks for that! hahah, I musta been really high when I was browsing the MFLB site becasue I could've sworn that their picture of the power adapter looked something like this:

[​IMG]

13. lol oh god no, I would never pay more than $15 for something that ridiculous. haha. The PA matches the box, and it has a dial on it to adjust the voltage (pseudo temp control).

14. Everyone who has it should try putting kief in their launch box... It's all i use mine for. Hits are amazing.

15. I really hope someone replies to this. Anyone know of a cheap battery pack that the adapter could plug into, and how long that would last? If it just plugs into a general wall outlet (which i hope to god it does) then that could give it tons of charging capability on the go. Despite being large, it could easily fit in a backpack with my smokeables. Anyone think its a good idea? Anyone know of any such battery pack?

16. #16 tnh, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    Yes they do make them, im on my phone or I would search it for you. I have a kobalt power pack I keep in my car with a battery jump, usb and 2 ac outlets that can connect to it. It can give 3 hours of time off ac or usb, it was like $150.

Then you would proceed to switch between vaping at home with that table top and.......o wait not portable. There's a niche for every situation, something isn't a waste because it does not work for you.

18. I've been searching for like an hour now. A link would help a lot, kind sir