MFLB: Biggest consequences from combustion??

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Jed Mosely, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Hey so I got my mflb like a week ago and I am still learning how long to pull, ect. I heard combustion is really bad for a vape (this is my first vape ever), and I'm pretty sure I have combusted by accident at least 5 times. (The trench is covered w smoke and the weed turns black, and tastes gross when I hit it).

How bad is combustion for the mflb? Can it ruin the device? I try my best to avoid it but sometimes I just fuck up and hit it wrong.

2. Just makes it nasty and gets the screen clogged if its anything like my vape. Cant see how it would actually affect the vape badlySent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 houszerulez, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    I have the same unit. Love it. You can clean the screen by dipping a q-tip in rubbing alcohol and brushing it against the screen, make sure the q-tip isn't tooo soaked. Might taste funky for a couple sessions.

4. The screen is fairly delicate. It can take some abuse, but burning it a lot isn't good for it. Are you using the AC adapter? If not, I'd get one. It makes for a more consistent temperature. Follow a breathing pattern where  you breathe in the vapor for a second or two, then let it go for two seconds or so and repeat. That always gets me great hits, plus if you feel the vapor is getting too hot, just draw from it more. Not enough vapor, draw a little less. Once you get that down, that thing can get you ripped.

5. Nothing happens. I have the power adaptor and the water pipe adaptor, and it's just a recipe for combustion. Probably combusted 8 out of the first 10 trenches I roasted with the setup. The only downside is that the unit itself smells a lot stronger now. There's a dude who posted on reddit who just keeps the lid open and rips the box like a bowl. Funniest thing ever.

6. If you're having trouble with combustion, I'm guessing you're doing something wrong when it comes to applying the battery and pulling.

Press the battery in for 3-5 seconds, I'd say seven at most. Then start pulling.

If you've got kief in there, you may even want to press the battery in there for only 2-4 seconds, until the load is halfway vaped through. Kief is a prone candidate for combustion.

Make sure you shake after hitting, especially with kief, since it tends to clog together and get lightly stuck on the screen.

In terms of damage, assuming you're just talking about a small part of your load getting ashed, combustion doesn't really do any long term damage to the vape. The screen and the lid may get some discoloration, which can stay, but most of the times it goes away after cleaning.

Clean with a q-tip and iso alcohol when done.

7. #7 MacThatVape, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    Don't worry combustion wont ruin your mflb , even if it did its covered by a lifetime warranty from natural wear and tear. Now for filling and hitting the mflb I found putting loose (don't pack) finely ground up herb filling the chamber 3/4 was the best way to fill it.

Then for drawing I'd heat it for about 5-8 seconds then SSLLOOOOWWWLLYY draw from it and I mean slow slow . After each hit hold it in and release the battery and give the thing a shake to make sure your vaping the product thoroughly. I also find when hitting the mflb you need to do something I call "sipping" its like you want to almost create a kind of vaccum affect by sipping on the straw then taking a second to rest then repeat. It makes your clouds bigger by making sure your not releasing too much heat from the chamber when your sucking all that air from the mflb.

Hope that helps

Happy vaping