MFLB Batteries

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by blazn420, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Is it just me or has anyone elses batteries for the mflb begun to weaken over time. Like a fully charged battery isnt doesnt last as long as it used to. Ive been using my launch box almost evey day for the last month.

2. Happens to all rechargeable batteries. You just have to replace them every once in awhile.

3. Yup, you can order new ones for get the power adapter they came out with

4. Both the batteries that came with my MFLB burn out already... over use and there was a short in one of them.

5. Yeah, batteries have to be replaced...Thats the main reason why I'm selling my MFLB on craigslist....I really don't wanna hassle with batteries. : /

6. That's understandable if the MFLB is your primary vaporizer. I just got a 4 pack of powerex 2700s though and the difference is MASSIVE! I didn't notice how dead my batteries were.

7. I didnt Wana start another thread for this but has anyone tried some lithium ion batteries? They might make the mflb hit alot better they come in aa and they are 3.7 volts instead of 1.5 and they last twice as long as nihm. I dono if it would ruin the heating element is the only real problem. With the higher volts you could breath faster and still keep the heat up.

8. My first Powerex's became next to useless after about 4 months of heavy use. They would only work fresh off the charger and even then, it was very weak vapor. I replaced them 2 weeks ago and can't believe that i didn't do it sooner.

9. Most of the reasons for premature battery failure is charging them too fast.

10. Yup. You have to let the batteries run down nearly all the way before charging, or else it's going to hurt your battery life.
    I had this problem. Didn't like using the batteries when they were getting low so I put them on the charger before they were ready.

They suck anyways, so might as well get a better set.

11. No you don't. This was true a long time ago, but with the current crop of batts on the market, there is no need to do this.

But...........charging them too fast IS a problem.

12. What do you mean then by "too fast"? JW because I have a 30 minute rechargable battery recharger from radioshack and I hope that's not destroying mine...

13. ^^ Yes. You are prematurely putting too much wear and tear on your batts which causes them to age too fast.

14. I just posted a thread about this, does the MFLB charger ruin or run down the batteries? Has anyone bought a powerex charger, does it save the battery power better?

I found my mflb next to useless after a few months and I am hoping the powerex batteries in a better quality charger will last longer? Has anyone had any experience?

15. If you bought it at a headshop, they can usually order a set of two batteries in for you.

What I've seen in the past is people leaving their batteries in the charger until they want to use them again--sometimes more than a week, which isn't preferable for rechargables.