mflb Batteries and abv ques

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Roflspammer, Sep 8, 2012.

1. I just got this amazing device last week, and have worked out most of the kinks on my own, but I need some help with a couple:

1) How long do the batteries hold a charge. I charged them 2 days ago (fully charged), and I'm going to use them tonight. Just as a double check, I put two back in the charger and the lights are red (meaning charging is in progress). So needless to say, I'm charging them again as I type, but I find it odd that these brand new, fully charged batteries can't hold a charge for 2 days.

2) How do you guys label the batteries? Rather than guessing which one was charged and which wasn't, I used sharpie and put A, B, C, and D on each battery (one letter per battery). Problem is that the sharpie doesn't actually stay on due to friction, and the metal being a poor medium. So just now I taped a ring of electrical tape on battery A, 2 rings on battery B, 3 rings on... you get the idea. An added benefit to this is now I can feel up the batteries in my pants and know which one is which. What is the actual way to label these small metal cylinders?

3) ABV BLUNT: good or bad idea? If not, what use is my abv to me? I've made pot cheddar cheese macaroni with .4, and felt it a little. Obviously this was not enough. I later proceeded to pack a bowl of that shit, which was the worst idea because it tasted like shit. However, afterwards I was so high I literally passed out; massive body stone. I figured a blunt would hide the taste. Ideas?

4) Thanks

<----------------------tl;dr-------------------------->
    1) How long do the batteries hold a charge?
    2) How do you label your batteries?
    3) ABV blunt; good or bad idea?
    4) ty

2. Just because you put it back on the charger and it shows charging doesn't mean they were dead man. Most batteries would do that.

Sorry I don't own one so i can't help ya on battery life.

The tape idea you did is probably about the best.

And about the blunt, I personally
    wouldn't do it. But I don't like smoking asshole either Haha so its your call. Most people save it to make medibles.

And you're welcome. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

3. The batteries for the MFLB are pretty bad. They should each last one trench, but sometimes mine fall short of that. If you have the money and plan on using the MFLB a lot, you should spring for the power adapter. If not, try getting some Powerex 2700 batteries.

4. [quote name='"StonedOpossum"']The batteries for the MFLB are pretty bad. They should each last one trench, but sometimes mine fall short of that. If you have the money and plan on using the MFLB a lot, you should spring for the power adapter. If not, try getting some Powerex 2700 batteries.[/quote]

Couldn't you just buy any regular rechargeable battery?
    And Damn, that's a piss poor battery life. Thanks for that tip if I ever get one.

5. I'm sure it's possible, but I've only ever heard of people using Powerex. I think they fit the best.

6. [quote name='"M3DICIN3MAN420"']

Couldn't you just buy any regular rechargeable battery?
    And Damn, that's a piss poor battery life. Thanks for that tip if I ever get one.[/quote]

I don't believe you can use any rechargeable, it needs a high mha I believe.

7. My batteries will last 3-4 trenches. If your batteries are only lasting 1 trench, or not even a full trench, then those batteries must be old or faulty. I'm talking about my stock batteries as well. I do own 4 powerex 2700's and they do work just as well as my stocks. I do have the newest model along with the newest charger. I don't know if that means that I received different batteries or what, but they work great, and I can get very large hits.

As far as labeling your batteries, mine have bold black print on them with different serial numbers. That makes it easy for me to remember the order I have them going. Since it sounds like yours don't have that, I would recommend getting a little battery carrying case and you can put them all in order and just go down the line.

8. My experience with batteries for the MFLB says the stock batteries will last longer (more charge/discharge cycles) but net you less usage each charge. Powerex 2700 seem to make it hotter and last longer (maybe 2 trenches instead of 1.) But they will wear out in a couple months of heavy use as they don't handle the constant cycling as well.
    I suggest getting a Power Adapter for home use and a set of Powerex 2700's for on the go.
    I used a Sharpie to label the negative end of my batteries, I keep the rubber caps on that end when in use so I haven't worn it off yet.
    AVB- I use it for multiple things, mostly edibles and "filler" for rolling large joints and blunts. I don't like smoking it alone, I mix it with new weed. For blunts maybe 50/50 as the wrapper helps with the taste, but not nearly as much in joints - maybe 1/3 AVB 2/3 fresh.
    Easy edibles can be made by simply mixing AVB with PB and baking in a glass dish @ 300-325 degrees for ~25 minutes. Use the PB in a sandwich, in a smoothie, etc.
    Mostly a body buzz from AVB.

9. OP, I was on MFLB website earlier and found this, might be helpful:

"The one thing that it IS necessary to watch for is putting an already fully charged battery back into the charger. Due to the nature of how the charger works, it is likely that the charger will be unable to determine that the battery is already fully charged, and will attempt to charge it again. This can potentially cause overheating in the battery and battery damage. "