Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Metallic Taste with Joint???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by drofosho, Oct 20, 2010.

1. This only happens when smoking a joint.

I'll get this very metallic taste in my mouth. It seems to be stronger toward the roach, but I am not sure on this.

My best guess is that it is due to my braces getting hot?? I only taste it on the sides of my tongue. This is where my braces are anchored onto my molars.

Anyone ever have this before? Should I not smoke joints until i get my braces off? I do NOT want to be inhaling toxins from whatever metallic taste is in my mouth.

2. When I had braces I never had that happen to me. But I would occasionally get it at random times. It could just be a coincidence.

3. I'm stumped on this one. :confused:

But if you only grind your bud to use in joints then your grinder might be shedding off metal shavings into your weed. Thats my only guess.

4. I used to have weird, but cool feelings as if my tongue was made of aluminum, or my mouth was filled with it (aluminum).

5. Are you sure it's a metallic taste, maybe it's a chemical (pesticide or something else, not sure) that the grower sprayed onto the weed.

6. sounds like meth

7. Thats really weird.
    I dont think it'd be your braces because if your braces were getting that hot, then your mouth would be burning.
    A metallic taste would freak me out...I cant stand the taste of metal.

8. no, sounds like some DMT, lol.

9. thanks for ur answers, but i dont think its metal shavings, pesticides, etc. b/c i only taste it when using a joint...
    good guesses though

can you tell me more about this? did you have braces (or even some sort of metal in your mouth? ie. a filling)?