Metal?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Floods, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Any of you guys listen to meal?

And I mean real metal, not that Killswitch Engage crap.

2. as in All Shall Perish and The Faceless, or are you talking older metal like Pantera and Morbid Angel? Necrophagist? Black Dahlia Murder? BTBAM? lol

3. Is Valient Thorr metal by your standards?

I would still call Killswitch metal, it's just not good metal.

4. Dissection, Carcass, Immortal, Death, Obituary, Exodus.. ya i like it all.

5. I listen to death, black, doom, drone, experimental, power, thrash, and ect. The only metal genre's that really escapes my attention is core, nu, and a good chunk of traditional metal (Not all).

6. I heard the faceless are pretty badass, but I listen to more pantera and shit. I like death metal now, i didnt used to understand it. Cannibal corpse, necrophagist, behemoth, amon amarth, pantera, testament, BLS, I could go on for days.

Im in a metal band, we wrote a song about weed called "Cannabliss" haha.

7. nice nice. You should check out All Shall Perish. Any of their cds, but their newest one, "Awaken the Dreamers" is fucking amazing! The guitar work, drums, bass, vocals, everything! Fucking brutal

The faceless is sick as fuck too. Their new cd is alright i guess, i haven't listened to it enough. a little TOO sparatic in my opinion.

lol Cannabliss that's sick man. Whats your bands name?

8. What type of band?

I never quite understood this fascination with brutal, there are more atmospheres and emotions that can be explored in metal then that...

9. All Shall Perish is different than other metal/death metal bands. They don't talk about killing & raping people or anything. They're more serious with their lyrics.

I described them as brutal because....well, if you listen to em, they're pretty brutal sounding. Heavy yet melodic, it all flows so well. Idk how to describe someone "brutal" any further than that lol. Just gotta listen to em and you'd see what i mean

http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#all shall perish/4

go there, scroll down & listen to Stabbing to Purge Dissimulation. probably their most death metal-esque song on the cd. But its just a brutal song idk haha.

10. Along with the rest of deathcore (That I have heard) I don't really feel anything from it. I would provide you some songs of my own, but everything I can think of doesn't seem to be uploaded anywhere...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVLCHDw9vOk"][/ame]

11. Gloom, you probably listen to a lof of lesser known stuff, eh, like emperor and black metal stuff. Ive listened to some of that, my friend is hellla into that shit. My favorite metal bands are Children of Bodom (for their beautiful melodies on guitar and solos) and Between the Buried and Me(for their technical goodness) and I also like a few death metal bands every once in a while.

12. Im a pretty big Opeth fan.

I like a lot of progressive metal like Cynic, Atheist, Dream Theater

13. True, a good chunk of what I listen to is unknown, but its still rare to not be able to find any songs that are worth linking to. :p

14. lamb of god, slipknot, BLS, Ministry, Bodom.......the list goes on

15. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwNlFUtH3J0&fmt=18"]YouTube - Disaster - Thrash Metal[/ame]

16. Anger is a powerful emotion.

My band is Sound Of War, we are metal/death/thrash we try and do it all so there is something for everyone. Clean vocals, and screaming.

17. Fuck This. As far as this shit goes, Pink Floyd just Mother Fucking , Kills it.

" If I Could Tell, Heaven From Hell "

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

18. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0v1IuV8ovo"]YouTube - Despised Icon - The Sunset Will Never Charm Us[/ame]

19. Misery Signals! They're like prog metal. Controller is deffinately one of the best albums out in a while.