Metal Halide Question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by guod, Jun 28, 2014.

1. For 6 plants in 5 gal. Buckets, false walls around the grow with mylar, would 600 watts work good? Or should I go with 1,000. I'll have a dual ballast,appreciate any help.?

2. whats your area? i could use a 600 in a lot smaller space than i could a 1000. for 6 plants, 1000 would be awesome. but a 600 could probably work well if the light was reflected well enough. if you can vent the 1000 with no heat issues, go with that. if your concerned your setup cant extract the heat fast enough, go with the 600.

3. 2 600's or 1 1,000 will get it done fine.

4. thanks, might as well run with the big dogs.

Yea, buds bigger then you arm will add up to real weight.
    Net pots, hydroton and a good air pump will get you running hydro real cheap.

6. I gotta study up on hydro, im used to growin clones outdoors, I live in maine, short summer's. I do allright, I've been using half miracle gro soil, and half aged cow poop in raised bed's. Medical weed here, but they won't buy it if you used miracle gro.organics? Gotta stiudy I guess.

7. Seriously put thought into your space. is it a room? a closet? etc...

those 1000 watts put out some heat. and if you cant manage the temps, the weight you would have gotten from the extra wattage will diminish with heat stress. 

make sure your fan and venting system is up to the task. or you will be redesigning your whole indoor grow around a light that is just too much for the space.
    if your in a more open area, then you'll be fine.

8. Get a 1000 watt and balast and turn it down to 600w incase you want 1000w later

Let's Smoke About It....

Yup that means get a digital ballast