Metal Grinders OR: How I came to see the light!

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by LazyWalruss, Nov 22, 2011.

1. So ever since I started smoking 3 years ago, I've been grinding with this plastic thing I picked up for 5 bucks. It seemed to work ok, the glue on one end broke and the cap came off, but it still fit pretty snugly so it made for a nice compartment... but not knowing any better I didn't mind how it just tore the weed up. I was the only one of my pot head friends to own a grinder, everyone else either had a special pair of scissors they used or used a set aside coffee grinder for the purpose. Yesterday however I find myself trooping around a market, and one of the knick-knack stalls had some bongs, pipes, and METAL GRINDERS. So I picked up (for 7 bucks) This aluminum 4 piece (incl. screen). I had to work it a few times to seat the metal properly, but by the end of the day it was worn in and all the cast leftovers and dust was washed out properly (I'm a bit of an engineer/backyard mechanic so this task was easily accomplished). Anyway Just ground up my first smoke for the day, and wow... I have to say the quality in grind is AMAZING! And this grinder cost me pretty much the same! Also,when I opened up the bottom, I was amazed how much pollen/trichromes/whatever had sifted through the screen into the base! That would all have been lost in my old grinder!

I have converted!

2. Cool story bro

3. Think about the three years of kief you lost

4. #4 MesKiDcudi, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    I feel like a loser cause I just liked every post above me, but man for some reason they were just too funny!

And I the only one of my pot head friends to own a grinder!!! But sadly not of your quality, that good man? Hmmm...

5. it's not really "lost kief"... it just was never separated....

6. [quote name='"HotDish"']
    it's not really "lost kief"... it just was never separated....[/quote]

I guess what I meant was, 'imagine all of the kief you could have been collecting had you been using a different grinder.'

7. [quote name='"stoneheir"']

I guess what I meant was, 'imagine all of the kief you could have been collecting had you been using a different grinder.'[/quote]

Think of all that kief that he smoked on his buds that made him even higher each time.

THC over time degrades into CBN, and so instead of a stimulant with a psychedelic effect, you get a sleepy Stoney effect. Why would you want that if you can buy indica's that were made for that?