mental health

Discussion in 'General' started by willstiles, Apr 18, 2013.

1. ever thought to yourself maybe i have a mental health condition?

2. Oh yeah. More days then not but then I wonder if I can actually be crazy because I recognize my craziness...

3. what if you were different though.. like you could recognize your symptoms but you just acted normal when you had too. or is this just me.. lol

4. well, mental health condition is rather broad man. Like, i know i have ADD, and ive thought maybe anxiety or depression, but i don't think im insane! lol.

So what exactly are you referring to man?

5. Not just you. When im alone i talk to myself and do all kinds of crazy shit.

6. I have though i might have ADD and/or anxiety, no idea how to find out though... dont really care whether i have that shit or not though :p

7. mental health i can talk....i was raised in what i call a "squirrely bunch" when i was growing up. mental illnesses run deep in my family. so deep that even as i type this i have one granddaughter in the m/h hospital who is only 14 and a daughter on suicide watch.
    it is really sad there is so much stigma out there attached to m/i. for basically all neuroses and even some psychosis there is help. we no longer have to live in the prison of the souls of the generation before us.
    so, instead of running away from my own m/i i faced it head on. it took me 12 yrs of therapy, shock treatments, lots of meds and tons of weed but i am finally to the place today that i want to be.

8. I have bi-polar type 1 with psychotic tendencies, ocd, social anxiety. I never thought i had it. I thought i was too good to have a mental illness, least to say my views changed very quickly once i realized the effect it had on my life. I lost almost everything in high school because i was undiagnosed and didn't get help till i was 18. Mental illness isn't something to be ashamed of like i thought.