Mendo Mulcher mini review & pictures

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by ossger, May 8, 2011.

1. [quote name='"Vicarious87"']Im sorry for rubbing the wrong way. Pardon me. But I was just saying DAMN could the guy go Green and used recycled products to lessen the costs and still be american made? $50 is steep to me because I HAVE had this same $10 grinder (unknown manufacturer or country of origin) for since I started smoking at 16, its made of decent steel type metal, doesnt corrode or flake, no rust or tarnish. Is three chambered and gives me great keif and a fine micron sifter.

Im a firm believer in Good quality for cheap. We as a toking community need to stop gouging our own kind, not only on this level but for cannabis as a whole. Stop charging insane prices for soil mixes, Nutes, lights and such. We should all be coming together. Industry and business drive us further apart.[/quote]

Well when I first got the cheap ass grinder from a head shop. I was seeing flakes of metal in my damn dank and some of the teeth broke off. I did my research on getting the best grinder then I bought Mendo Mulcher and it's been lovely ever since. You need to stop being so damn cheap and buy some $ 40 and up quality grinder. If you smoke dank then you need to cut back and save money. After you save money then you can buy quality grinder and all the dank you can get.

2. No worries, a lot of subtleties are lost in text that are otherwise present in speech. I may have misunderstood.

I absolutely agree with that statement. The cost of production is definitely a lot lower than the sale price, and that margin is definitely a lot lower on a $10 product than a $60 product. If I had to venture a guess, I would say it probably costs $4 to make a $10 grinder, and about $30 to make a $60 grinder. The big variable is time; the time required to make a high end grinder is definitely a lot more than a cheap one, and I think that's the reason for the larger margin. When there isn't a large factory, and it's literally one or two people with their tools, as is often the case with high quality products, labour costs.

Take, for instance, Ikea vs. hand built furniture. You buy something from Ikea made of lousy pre-fab materials and it sags and starts wobbling after just a few years. If you pay 5x as much for a woodworker to build you something comparable, it'll outlive you. The materials may have only cost 2x as much, but the many hours put into it are the reason for the high price.

On a separate note, 2 days after contacting Dave via ebay, he's given me a full refund. Turns out my grinder was lost in the mail :'(

3. I guess I have a Space Case and not some $10 piece of crap for the same reason a chef has a set of Nenox knives and not something from the dollar store. It's the same reason mechanics get their sockets from Snap On and MAC and not from Harbor Freight. Excuse me for wanting something that lasts longer, does the job better, and is easier to use. It was well worth it to me. If you prefer using rudimentary tools, more power to you. I'll bet you use a washing machine. Tell your wife a tub and a washboard will get your clothes just as clean, it's more "green" and is cheaper. Get rid of that hubble telescope, super duper, shiny, scrap piece of metal washing machine because cleaning clothes isn't rocket science. I'll bet your grandma used her thumb and forefinger a few times to complete that chore.

4. #24 Vicarious87, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012

Hmm... The greatest chefs don't use Nenox or ceramic knives, they use plain old stainless steel, why? Its fraction of the cost, and will outlast most of their careers most of the time. Mechanics will go with craftsman, why? because its a fraction of the cost and lifetime guaranteed, way cheaper than mac and snapon. Do you see where im going? Your hooting and hollerin' about how much you spent, thinking your product is superior, when in fact at least 70% of the products on the market are just as good, for a fraction of the cost, whether its a grinder, pipe, or whatever. That is all that I was stating.

AND yes, my girlfriend will wash clothes by hand when there isnt a full load to wash in the machine, or if they had been lighty worn and it takes the same amount of time as the machine would, fraction of the cost, same results. She knows its GREEN and loves GREEN, AND YES my grandmother DID wash clothes by hand as her mother did and as her mother did before her, why? Because it was just as effective and they where people of the land (native american) we learned to live away from most luxury where we could manage to put in the little elbow grease required to get the job done. USING her thumb and forefinger lol how else would you hold something?! silly...They had all the luxury items (washing machine, dishwasher, etc)as well, but used them only when needed and in light moderation.

I may be different than everyone in these forums if I just think its stupid how 80% of the earths humanity as a whole will set a higher value on something because they paid more for it (aka knowingly ripped off) and will think it is superior quality (when in reality its proven some items are manufactured side by side, relabeled and shipped to different vendors and priced differently +/-)

Its all an $illlusion$, and the fat rats pat their pockets because of people like you.

BACK ON TOPIC OF THE GRINDER =)

It looks to be really good quality and as I corrected myself before, I didnt mean to bash the product in any way, I just thought that a smoking community and manufacturers for our cannabis community would cut us a break, it needn't be so inflated $, and YES he is a small mom and pop type of business and that being the reason for the cost. So do as you will and pay for what you want, thats the love of freewill.

Im done here...I think. Live-Love-Light Peace you all, Im'ma toke on some boysenberry with my fam.

5. Vicarious, we now know somebody for certain that was never a mechanic or a chef. You've been watching the guys behind the counter at Denny's to long. Those are not top chefs and even though he changed your oil for you, your neighbor with the Craftsman rollaway isn't a mechanic. Throw around all the made up stats you want, but your grinder isn't and will never be as good as a Mendo or a SC. The materials, workmanship, and the utility of your grinder is inferior and you saying it's just as good doesn't make it so.

"Everything I've written Is factually Fiction" - your truest statement yet.

6. [quote name='"Vicarious87"']

Hmm... The greatest chefs don't use Nenox or ceramic knives, they use plain old stainless steel, why? Its fraction of the cost, and will outlast most of their careers most of the time. Mechanics will go with craftsman, why? because its a fraction of the cost and lifetime guaranteed, way cheaper than mac and snapon. Do you see where im going? Your hooting and hollerin' about how much you spent, thinking your product is superior, when in fact at least 70% of the products on the market are just as good, for a fraction of the cost, whether its a grinder, pipe, or whatever. That is all that I was stating.

AND yes, my girlfriend will wash clothes by hand when there isnt a full load to wash in the machine, or if they had been lighty worn and it takes the same amount of time as the machine would, fraction of the cost, same results. She knows its GREEN and loves GREEN, AND YES my grandmother DID wash clothes by hand as her mother did and as her mother did before her, why? Because it was just as effective and they where people of the land (native american) we learned to live away from most luxury where we could manage to put in the little elbow grease required to get the job done. USING her thumb and forefinger lol how else would you hold something?! silly...They had all the luxury items (washing machine, dishwasher, etc)as well, but used them only when needed and in light moderation.

I may be different than everyone in these forums if I just think its stupid how 80% of the earths humanity as a whole will set a higher value on something because they paid more for it (aka knowingly ripped off) and will think it is superior quality (when in reality its proven some items are manufactured side by side, relabeled and shipped to different vendors and priced differently +/-)

Its all an $illlusion$, and the fat rats pat their pockets because of people like you.

BACK ON TOPIC OF THE GRINDER =)

It looks to be really good quality and as I corrected myself before, I didnt mean to bash the product in any way, I just thought that a smoking community and manufacturers for our cannabis community would cut us a break, it needn't be so inflated $, and YES he is a small mom and pop type of business and that being the reason for the cost. So do as you will and pay for what you want, thats the love of freewill.

Im done here...I think. Live-Love-Light Peace you all, Im'ma toke on some boysenberry with my fam.[/quote]

In other words stop being so cheap and how the hell you smoke if you are that cheap. You need to stop smoking for awhile and stack your money up. Fuck the green when it come to washing clothes and use the fucking washing machine since we not in the old days (1800-1900).

7. #27 Vicarious87, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
    Umm... Just accept defeat...lol

I never eat at dennys, I dont think I ever have believe it or not, that place is trash just like Ihop and carrows. I actually wanted to be a chef at one point when I was younger and took a tour here at Le Cordon Bleu of los angeles pasadena, they didnt use fancy smancy crap and I even asked why, and thats why I presented you that fact, they use stainles steel, 98% of the cooking industry uses it, YOU CAN buy your own special blades, but most chefs never do. And bellieveit or not I do my own mechanics, and am very good at it, I could be a mechanic all i need is my ASE certification, your wondering how the hell this guy is BSing this. Nope its called community college... and it isnt expensive. And what tools where being used! craftsman, and at my local pepboys, craftsman, and at juffy lube craftsman, what do I use? craftsman. These arent made up stats, Im an active member of my community and I go around talking to my neighbors and townsfolk and local businesses. My current $10 cheapie is aluminum, been with me for over 5 years and has never chipped or lost a tooth, has ground pound after pound of my weed and is still going strong. so OK maybe ALOT of the crap out there is cheap. But anyone who is smart should be able to weight the value of what they are purchasing.

I actually learn things other than sit on a computer thuggin all day. Im always out and about even when im guuerilla status checkin my babies, I got me trusty smartphone to hit this site and check my shit. I dont make anyone do anaything they dont want to do. We do it just to be green *shrugs* and save some green. I get OZ of weed a year and prolly never have to buy it ever again, (once in a while if i want to taste something exotic) Why? Because I grow. I have my Medical license so its all gravy.... Im not trying to toot my horn but cmon, its 2012 you can grow in the medical states, its not hard. I very much stack my money "playa" Thats why I have the time to waste doing things GREEN keeping our true mother earth clean in my little part of the sand box. ya'heard! :smoke: