Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Memory question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Parretguy, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Hey everyone, ive been toking for about a year now. But the last few months everyday, but not in huge amounts. anyways ive noticed my short term memory is absolute shit. I mean i just turned on the computer and forgot that i wanted to post this. I can remember specifics before the everyday smoking quite well. But since its been everyday theres like a three month gap in my memory. if i cut back will my memory get better?:smoke: thanks

2. #2 Crimefridge, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
    No. Your memory sucks because you don't apply yourself. Try to do memory exercises: crosswords, Sudoku... do numbers in themes before you sleep.

Learn the keys to trigger memory, like you need to remember a phrase:
    "The red pig had a goat which bled spinnach"

Picture a red pig with a goat on a leash with spinnach pouring out of a cut like water.

For a more realistic example:

Parking Space - 2nd floor, number 507

Imagine a car parked on the roof of a one-story building, with 5 James Bonds scaling the side of the roof.

Say you forget where your keys are often: don't unconsciously place them anywhere. When you place them somewhere, say it in your head where you put them, and remember details about the location.

Names? Mental images are the best way to help.

The other issue tends to be confidence. When you're about to go to sleep, whisper to yourself, "I will remember what I do tomorrow." about ten times. The same technique is used to remember dreams.

3. Well are you high when your forgetting things?

4. Being high isn't an excuse. You can be sharp and loose at the same time: it takes effort and discipline, and if there's no such thing as a disciplined smoker, then why aren't all potheads in jail?