mega question for the gurus

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dowen24, Jan 24, 2009.

1. listen, gota stay stealth, will my plants suffer If they recieve an ample amount of light time in a day(18 hours) but the time is not constant? Thank you

2. your plant wont do well under those conditions. its just like you. how would you feel if it was light then dark 6 different times in a day? your plant needs stable conditions to replicate the sun rising and setting. long days like summer = veg... shorter days like fall= flowering

3. Please describe in more detail what you mean by the light being not constant. The plant potentially could tolerate some sorts of interrupted light schedules but not all.

And why would the lights need to be going on and off so much?

4. I'd imagine it's fine to vary the schedule by a couple of minutes (like if you don't have a timer), but don't go too crazy or they'll get stressed

5. ok I'l specify. lights are on for 12 hours, off for one and then on for 6 more then off

6. You should either go 12 hours on, 12 hours off. OR 18/19 on and 5/6 off.
    Just skip the "one hour off" you have going on. Or go 12/12 if you want to keep it stealthy (induce flowering and keep the plant smaller)

7. Your concern is stealth, so if I'm reading between the lines correctly, your grow op is not sealed, so the lights could be seen, and there is a 1-hour window in the middle of your light cycle in which someone is around who could see it?

If so, I really suggest you seal up the grow space so that light is not showing and rotate your light schedule so that the one hour you need stealth is during the scheduled dark period, not during the scheduled light period.

8. so you can go 12/12 from seed?

9. no. youll need a flowering period until the plant grows a little. youll probably want to veg for at LEAST 4-6 weeks before you start flowering. keep your lights at something like 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flowering. just start you light cycle AFTER the hour youre worried about. hope that helps

10. yea good lookin out crew

11. Man you can go 12/12 from seed if you wish. I'd actually recommend it since you mentioned stealth.

12. If you want bonsai plants, sure.