mega fast root growth.....annoying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by cropfarmer18, Feb 18, 2009.

1. can any help me. i planted 2 seeds 3 weeks ago and my sprouts have now started to grow into their 3rd leaf set.

heres the problem the roots are going crazy, i tranplanted my plants from 6inch pots to 28inch ones about 1week ago and the roots have already started to grow back through the Drainage holes in the bottom of the pots.

does this mean that i need to start thinking about repotting em again, or what will happen after a while of the exposure of roots?

thanks for yopur help

peace

2. i have never heard of pots measured by inches.... but if your roots are showing thru your drainage you will have to transplant them again.

3. well how long can i leave em like that with the roots showing through.

4. I'm gonna assume you meant you transplanted from a 6" pot to an 8" pot? There is no way a plant that small could grow roots out a 28" pot (which by the way would be larger than a 5 gal bucket). Time to transplant into your final size pot and be done with it.

5. sorry i meant centermeters 28cm, coz theres no way its a 5gal its probs 1 at the most. but ill take the advice... the sooned the better