Meeting girls

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by smupremurb, Mar 4, 2010.

1. So I just sat back and hung out with the roor, so I apologize if this sounds confusing..but really wanted to get an answer to this question.

Personally, I feel like im an attractive guy, have a good personality, fun to be around.. but what does it honestly take to go out and meet girls. At any time I have an opportunity(which isn't often) I always just blow it off.

I love partying with my roommates and other guy friends, but I feel like my social network is so limited, and I don't have enough women influencing my life on a friend basis.

So what does it really take to just meet girls for just friends? Trying to talk to them at the bar, just comes off as me trying to take them home that night.

I have really been considering trying to find someone to settle down with ( im 22 ) so do I go out and get it, or just keep waiting for it to happen?

2. Two things you need.

First, it takes the desire.
    Second, it takes the skill.

3. Well, for me...
    Any guy who can be funny gets an A in my books.
    But you can't try too hard, lol.

Girls are confusing.
    I would know first-hand, being one and all. :p

Dealing with ladies is like...
    A crazy skill that for some reason only jerks seem to have...
    Show off the fact you're a nice guy, and get yourself a sexy little stoner chick.
    :eek:

It's hard to find yourself a decent girl, so be careful my friend.

Best of luck.
    xx

4. If you are in college you can go to the library or a computer lab.

You can also go to the park and play tennis or something with a friend and scope out the scene.

Also as cliche as it sounds, (I have never done this and very rarely have been here) you can go to starbucks and find a girl sitting by herself.

The point is you have to go where chicks congregate. They usually go out to lunch and stuff with their friends.

Also a show or exhibit, or at the mall, or or just on the street by yourself.

You are 22 so use the bar & grill/ pub scene where you can find a chick without the alcoholic qualities :p

5. Ain't THAT the truth... and (most) girls just dig them jerks with that crazy skill...

6. Shopping Malls.
    Libraries.
    Gourmet Coffee Shops.
    Workplace or School or College.
    Personals. (craigslist lol)
    Restaurants with attached bars:
    Supermarkets.
    Gyms.
    Sporting clubs and associations.

g/l :yay:

7. I know right...
    Ugh, girls are stupid.
    Although, jerks are a very strange species. They tend to appear good to only the person they're with.
    Like, if you see your friend with a guy, you can tell if he's a faggot or not...
    When you're with them... everyone else is all like "yo he's a faggot" but you can't see it so you don't listen.

Yo, we all just need to smoke weed.
    You know how much easier life would be?
    LOL.

8. it is that easy for me right now! I mean the smoking weed ;) Girls ehh, I'm in no rush, what comes comes, and I'll keep them coming in they do. But I don't like chasing skirts too much unless I got a sure target.

9. Faggott as in actually gay, or faggott as in stupid/annoying/mean?

10. I thought a faggot was a bundle of sticks :confused:

11. ...
    I did make the "jerk" refrence before hand...
    So, you tell me what you think, my love.
    Haha.

12. That's about as useful as a faggot (jerk) boyfriend is.
    Nah, I lied...
    At least you can make a fire out of the sticks.

13. Just sayin', check yoself. I don't like when people use that word.

14. Shall keep that in mind then, I suppose.

15. Such harsh words. time for some :smoke:

16. I have really low confidence when it comes to girls and I always over think things when I see a girl I want to talk to. What I do now is smoke a blunt go to the mall with friends and start a simple convo with them and later ask for there numbers. You can't be to cliche when you talk to girls like when you're about to get there number you can't be like "well gotta go can I get your number?" Let's say they have there cellphone out I say "I see you got a phone, and that phone has a number right? Leme get it." with a smile and it works most of the time. Everytime you get a girls number you build confidence and with that confidence talk to another girl and try and get her number.

17. #17 xaviere, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    Another GREAT thing to do is go out with a group of friends. If some of your buddies bring their girlfriends, the group will probably be more approachable than a pack of dudes.

Use different approaches. Make a list of the qualities you want in a partner (hopefully you'll include stuff in there about the kinds of life goals you'd like this person to have, her aspirations and dreams in life, etc., not just "big boobs," heh), and chanting/meditating/praying about finding your partner with those qualities. Seriously!

One idea--find fun, group activities where other girls your age will likely be. Of course, there's the bar, but think of other venues too--24-hour restaurants, coffee houses, concerts (esp. smaller local shows & acts!). It may be hokey, but the bowling alley with friends can be a great way to meet a group of girls out having fun.

Think about other places, too, like the Laundromat! One of my husband's friends met his future wife at the laundromat! He thought she was gorgeous, so he struck up a conversation with her as they were waiting for their laundry. You never know!

I think it boils down to this, though: If you see what could be your future wife out somewhere, if she doesn't show obvious signs of being with someone (wedding ring, etc.), then go talk to her! SERIOUSLY. JUST GO TALK TO HER! Like I said, you just may be meeting your future wife!

I think that if you genuinely want to get to know her as a person, your sincerity will show through and she will see it. And again, puttin' some chanting (nam myoho renge kyo) in there really helps (in my personal experience, that's how I met my husband, lol, and I was the one who mustered up the courage and cojones to pick up the phone and call him for a date!). If you wanna know more about chanting, visit sgi.org

And hey, if she's mean or shitty to you because you're trying to talk to her, then you don't want her anyway, right? Best of luck to you, my blades!

18. Agreed. :hello:

19. I think your thinking about it too much. Just go out do your normal routine, maybe switch things up a little and a chance encounter with a chick will come up and move on from there. Just hanging out at first then things escalate from there. Don't try and force things it will happen when it will happen. :)

20. Yup. Smoke time.

As far as the jerk/fag/idiot/dickhead goes, there are a lot of them and good guys are few. I guess same goes for ladies. Those who fall for jerks and those who don't.