Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medicinal marijuana for Gastroparesis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by theganjagoddess, Sep 27, 2009.

1. I was just diagnosed last Friday. Would I be correct in believing that pills/western medicine are not a great first choice?

I believe I got this from a new pain killer patch I was given for severe back/neck problems to keep me from getting stomach problems with the other medicines I took. (fail) So another question is can this be reversed?

On a side note - my sister got an insulin pump from Medtronics and it was a nightmare. Horrible nightmare.

2. CMT can cause it though it's rare so it's not mentioned. CMT usually only affects peripheral nerves but sometimes it goes beyond that. I'm one of those rare ones. Lucky me. My body attacks the sheath covering my nerves making that part of my body paralyzed. I guess it got my Vega nerve. I was just diagnosed. It will only get worse but so far weed and Zofran work for me. This,CMT cap can also get the nerves to my diaphragm so I'd need a respirator (not going to happen) I could also go deaf and blind. When it gets to this point they really can't tell what the life expectancy is because so many commit suicide. Since it has gone beyond my peripheral nerves to my stomach, chances are it's getting all of those nerves too. I almost certainly have a horrible death ahead of me. I guess I'm lucky. Some of us die as children. I'm having a hard time accepting it. It has only been a few days since I found out. I'm scared. Weed also helps my anxiety. Ugh...at least I'm losing weight.

3. I'm 46 btw...

4. I have idiopathic gastroparesis. The first question always asked is "are you a diabetic?" Lol. Anyway, i am sometimes so nauseous that i don't want to leave my bed. Nothing seems to help as much as weed does. I live in Florida. We just voted to legalize medical marijuana. I have been told though that i don't qualify for it though because gastroparesis is not one of the diseases that is approved for it. Any truth to that?

5. Go in there for something else like severe headaches or depression. You'll get it for sure with either of those. Assholes can be extremely strict on who they give cards out to when its first legalized. Just pick a symptom and stick with it. You can always list the real reason as secondary.