Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical patient seeking honest advice

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by medicalpatient81, Apr 9, 2016.

1. hey guys ive seen many posts regarding this, all of which have different, preference based instructions on cannabis capsules;
    so ive made 4 batches so far for my father who unfortunately has been diagnosed with stage 2 lung cancer, none of these batches were quiet strong enough,
    where we live it is legal for medical usage but still "shamed" so any information or instructions even from medical staff is hard to obtain;
    the first 2 batches, i decarbed 28grams of grade A cannabis flower at 225 for 45 minutes followed by a grind, heated 1 cup of coconut oil in my crock pot (1.5 quart) on low, once melted added his cannabis for 6 hour simmer, stirring every 30 minutes; the results were very weak i also tried them and had little to no affect,
    the next 2 batches i decarded the same amount but at 240 for 1 hour then added the cannabis to crockpot and coconut oil on warm (making sure temp didnt go above 200 or below 160) for 8 hours, stirring ever 45 minutes, still weaker then we both wished;
    now my concern is that, based on almost ALL threads i have read the amounts i used was enough to make very strong capsules, i used size 00 and everything seemed to go right, but we are no experts and im just trying one last time to see if there is any advice or tips that may make these more potent (i have also made brownies for him in the past which were strongn enough to the point where you had to be careful with dosage) also these pills he took up to 20 at ocne and still barely any relief,
    any help is greatly appreicted!

2. [quote uid=941121 name="karmaJane419" post=22508823][​IMG]<br /><br /><br />I used a lb of butter. Does this look about right?[/QUOTE]<br /><br />Please don't take this the wrong way but are you trying to get high or gain weight ?? I don't see a very high ratio of cannabis material to oil.. And your likely going to have to consume most of that pound of butter to get high.. At least I know I would..<br />.<br />This is what i do straight from BadKats canna oil thread<br />.<br />Step 1. Decarb cannabis 220-240 degrees F for 40 to 60 minutes in a covered metal dish, sealed foil pouch, oven cooking bag,<br />Step 2. crush-powder now decarbed material..<br />Step 3.Cover with just enough coconut oil to make a thin paste with.. any oil will do coconut is best-fastest..<br />Step 4. add 10-20% soy lecithin to the amount of oil used.. Just eyeball it.. 3 teaspoons of oil will need about 1/2 teaspoon of lecithin..<br />Step 5. heat covered for 20 minutes at 220 degrees then freeze..<br />.<br />Now you have a very potent batch of canna oil.. You'll have to experiment to find your dose .. Have fun..<br />=============================<br />[​IMG]<br />The MCT and Avocado oil are in very minor amounts and are not really needed..<br />I use dry ice hash-kief and make capsules but the basic processing is identical for powdered bud.. Decarb, blend with oil and lecithin then heat and freeze..<br />[​IMG]<br />Three additional heats and freezes will change the high to more of a sleep aid if that's your goal.. You can just add your finished tablespoon or so of canna oil to most any baked item and cook normally just remember it's anywhere between 10 and 30 doses if you make it as strong as I do.. Some testing is required as to much is a stone bitch.. Spins and puking like being way to drunk is very possible so take a bit of care..<br /><br />BNW
    Hope this helps! Courtesy of BNW.
    dilligaf

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you want to help your father you should read the first few pages of this thread Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

Once you have the basic idea of the Tincture making you can progress to capsules guaranteed to put someone to sleep with only one cap.

Read the beginning and then ask your questions. You will be helped by experienced medical users.

4. This looks way too complicated for me to make these caps. If brownies work, stick with them. So much easier, easier to control how much bud you're using, easier to control dosage, wayyyyyyy cheaper. From one medical patient to a provider of another.

5. Your father is ill, with a potentially fatal disease.

This does not seem to me to be the best time to be a stoner and just give your dad brownies.

You asked for a more concentrated dosing and I showed it to you.

Pardon my bluntness, if you want to cure your father or just relieve pain, the thread I showed will help.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Wisdom Tooth, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    I'd suggest getting on a RAW plant-based diet. Daily Sunlight and Exercise. Lots of water and rest.
    Saunas, Lots of Vegetable soups with many Herbs & Spices (Turmeric, Cayenne, Garlic, Black Seed, Cumin, Oregano ect.. and Superfood smoothies with high Antioxidants.

Cut out sugar and processed/junk foods as much as possible. Cancer feeds of processed/artificial junk which is probably what causes it most of the time causing the body to become acidic instead when eating raw plants which = alkaline environment.

Here are some good places to start learning the Truth about cancer.

Cancer
    6 (SIX) Cancer CURES Your Doctor, Oncologist or Health Trust don’t want you to know! | EU
    10 Natural Cancer Treatments | Hidden Cures - DrAxe.com
    Cancer Truth - Alternative Cancer Treatments
    The Latest Cancer-Fighting News

It cant just be cannabis alone you have to help aid in changing whole lifestyle/diet to defeat cancer as it cannot survive in an alkaline environment and trust me i know many people following these methods that have been cured even from stage 4.

Send me a PM if you have any questions on any of these methods or health and cancer in general. I know many people around the world that study this stuff on a daily.

HTH

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 OldRose, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Hi, med81. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. There are possibilities that might explain why you've had failures: you're using too much coconut oil for the amount of bud (seems unlikely!); the bud isn't as good as you think (did you smoke some to check?); or, coconut oil is an inherently slow-to-absorb carrier, so it's taking a long time (many hours) for your dad to feel effects; or, maybe your dad isn't processing and metabolizing the coconut oil capsules effectively due to individual variation or due to his medical condition/medications.

You do have a good alternative, since you know your dad responds to brownies. Instead of oil, you can use a sugary carrier. If you make a tincture using Everclear, you'll find the ethanol extracts the THC from decarbed bud very effectively. The tincture can be consumed directly under the tongue, or, because Everclear burns, you can do a solvent transfer of the THC over to honey and use the honey tincture under the tongue. Definitely go to the pinned thread called Another Tincture Thread: Try It, You'll Like It. Post there. PsychedelicSam is very knowledgable. Take a look at the table of contents . The honey recipe is called Honey Elixir, and it works sublingually fairly quickly for me (30-45 min.), and I'm one of those people who take several hours to notice effects from any THC infused edible. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2