Medical MJ for minors?

Discussion in 'General' started by zonked, Dec 18, 2008.

1. I have a 17 year old nephew with chronic depression and some anxiety disorders. The whole family has been looking into medical MJ as a solution for awhile. We live in colorado and were wondering is it legal for minors to get medical MJ yet? If so, is it legal in Colorado?

2. You should check this link http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=1998#howto
    Has everything you need to know.
    As far as age limits,,

G. Age Limits

An "adult applicant" is defined as a patient eighteen years of age or older. A "minor applicant" is defined as a patient less than eighteen years of age. In order for a minor applicant to be placed in the registry and to receive a registry identification card, the minor applicant must reside in Colorado, and a parent residing in Colorado must consent in writing to serve as the minor applicant's primary caregiver. Such parent must submit an application form supplied by the Department.
    The parent of the minor applicant must provide the following information with the application:
    1. The applicant's name, address, date of birth, and social security number;
    2. Written documentation from two of the applicant's physicians that the applicant has been diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition as defined above and each physician's conclusion that the applicant might benefit from the medical use of marijuana;
    3. The name, address, and telephone number of the two physicians who have concluded the applicant might benefit from the medical use of marijuana;
    4. Consent from each of the applicant's parents residing in Colorado that the applicant may engage in the medical use of marijuana; and
    5. Documentation that one of the physicians has explained the possible risks and benefits of medical use of marijuana to the applicant and each of the applicant's parents residing in Colorado.

3. Thanks a lot man.

4. shit if it can help him then y not?

5. Yeah and he's 17 so he'll be mature about it.

6. somewhere i heard you could be around 15...but you can't smoke it.
    edibles only

7. then wtf is the point..?

8. colorado you say?
    what InferiorZone just said :)
    you have to be 18 to get it. It cost $100 for MMJ card. you may have to go through a lot of doctors before you can get it.

9. Probably so ^_^ i started toking at age 15, and by age 16 i had learned how to control and handle myself well in public. It's not the age, but the maturity level.

10. Im sure he will :rolleyes: