Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by highgrade415, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Hey i'm a legal card holder and had a few questions about how the clubs obtain their goods. Is it legal for a card holder to grow and sell to the clubs, and how does that work. Or do they have to buy from specific vendors or something

2. Not sure about other states but here in California most clubs buy product from club members, although some clubs have in house operations and use very few outside sources.

3. If you want to grow and sell to a club you have to go to them and "apply" and everything and its like this big ordeal and then if they buy from you they will give you nothing for your bud and then turn around and sell it for rediculous amounts. I dont think its worth it. Unless your running a big operation.

4. It probably depends a great deal on which club you work with. I know that the local club is fairly picky about the quality of the bud but, require very little paperwork, will work with "walk in" suppliers, and pay out a very reasonable rate ($3K-$4k depending on strain).

5. #5 highgrade415, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
    Does anybody know out their was they will pay for average dank, and if their is a limit to how much they can buy. I'm just trying to find a legal way to sell and any advice will help

6. As I have stated above the clubs I am familiar with pay between $3k-$4k per pound, but you need to have a 215 recommendation and, depending on the quantity, be willing to sign 10-99 paperwork becoming an independent contractor/supplier.

The clubs may buy at whatever quantity they choose, but in my experience, prefer steady small deliveries rather than huge buy-outs. As well some clubs function on a consignment and often don't pay out for a week or more. I've not heard of anyone getting stiffed, but its not like you roll in with a duffle bag with 20 lbs and roll out with a huge Wad 'O Cash ...... it doesn't work that way with dispenseries. They want a half pound now and another next week .... if their patients like your bud, and maybe a bit more after that .... Its steady but you have to be local and on top of things.

7. Clubs up here don't require paperwork. Hardly any questions asked and they pay all cash. 2-3K per pound. They used to even buy marijuana from non cardholders but not anymore because of the attorney general guidelines.

8. Where's Up Here? .... The clubs I'm familiar with are in Arcata.

9. yeah i'm living in the north bay currently does anyone know of clubs in the area paying the best, what do you think i should grow

10. Hmm I'm talking about the same clubs. Maybe it's changed but a friend of mine sold to one about a year ago. I-Center. I'll have to ask him about it whenever I see him again.

11. #12 Duckhead, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008

Not to be an ass, but do try to be careful about the quality of information you put out on this site. The OP asked a question concerning Club sales and you made it sound as if you had a definitive answer. Unfortunately your statement was incorrect because it was based on second hand outdated info.

Arcata remains a liberal canna-friendly town, but with the increased Fed presence and the City Council voting soon on grow house and dispensery regulations, things are looking to get tighter instead of looser. If the new laws are passed it will be even more difficult to supply clubs as they will no longer be able to purchase from walk-ins, but will have to use a few large suppliers from "Zoned Commercial" areas.

In the mean time it is still possible for patients to sell to the clubs, but I stand by my original statement that most sales will be subject to 10-99 (I think its anything over $650) and they do require ID.

12. If you want to make huge profits off pot, leave the medical community alone and go be the dope man. Remember your talking about peoples medicine here. Thats whats wrong with the medical community in this country...like everything else it's all about the money...sad. Last year I harvested about 9 lbs, I kept about 6 for my own use and GAVE 3 away to help support the use of medical marijuana in my state. I know at least ten growers who have DONATED as much as, or more than me this year. None profit financially, but speaking from experience, each time I help a sick person get helping healing herb my spirit profits. Treasure made of gold and diamonds is worth nothing compared to the the inner peace I receive from helping others. My state has no medical marijuana laws. We do what we can to promote and increase its use. If all here were worried about is who's paying the most per pound...Very few would have access to their meds. Think about how you could help instead of how you could profit. IMO Much Love.