Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical marijuana vs working in healthcare

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Twig69, May 16, 2011.

1. I Suffer from chronic foot pain after shattering 6 bones mid foot.

I'm on my feet all day as an X-ray tech for a very anti-drug hospital (we get randomly drug tested at least 3 times a year)

Currently I'm on some heavy duty Opiates going on 4 years. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how

1. I might approach the hr dept. at the hospital the benefits of marijuana compared to being gorked out on opiates all day at work for chronic pain control

2.How I might go about getting a medical marijuana card in Bullhead City AZ.
    I'm very close to Laughlin Nevada or Needles California.

Thanks in advance for any insight on how to get off the opiates and on the weed.

2. I'm think you'll be okay,check this out.

What's New in Employment Law?: Arizona Medical Marijuana Law

So, there was a big debate over what would happen in the workplace if California's Prop. 19 were to pass. If you have a short memory, that was the initiative to basically legalize personal use of marijuana. Well, that initiative failed to pass back on November 2.

In Arizona, on the other hand, the voters passed their own Prop. 203. Text is here.
    Prop. 203 legalizes certain "medical marijuana," making AZ the 15th state to do so. But AZ's new law expressly protects medical marijuana users at the workplace:

6-2813. Discrimination prohibited
    B. UNLESS A FAILURE TO DO SO WOULD CAUSE AN EMPLOYER TO LOSE A MONETARY OR LICENSING RELATED BENEFIT UNDER FEDERAL LAW OR REGULATIONS, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST A PERSON IN HIRING, TERMINATION OR IMPOSING ANY TERM OR CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT OR OTHERWISE PENALIZE A PERSON BASED UPON EITHER:
    1. THE PERSON'S STATUS AS A CARDHOLDER.
    2. A REGISTERED QUALIFYING PATIENT'S POSITIVE DRUG TEST FOR MARIJUANA COMPONENTS OR METABOLITES, UNLESS THE PATIENT USED, POSSESSED OR WAS IMPAIRED BY MARIJUANA ON THE PREMISES OF THE PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT OR DURING THE HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT.