Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana on the News lol

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Nipples, Nov 27, 2012.

1. #1 Nipples, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    Well i was just watching the news and the TV actually caught my eye when i saw someone rolling a blunt on the screen :smoking:

They were talking about medical marijuana a bit (because it just got passed in Massachusetts recently) and where the dispensaries would be located. They were interviewing people about it, and 1 out of the 5 people actually seemed to know what they were talking about. This old lady was saying that methadone clinics and homeless shelters should be kept away from schools and public things, and therefore so should MMJ dispensaries. Honestly you can't even compare the two. Yeah, there are a few bad stoners, but the majority of them aren't people who you're going to have to worry about doing anything wrong publicly.... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

woops forgot the whole question part of this.. What are you guys' views on the placement of dispensaries?

2. Sucks being in the UK and having any old bill tearing you a new a'hole just because you have a gram...

3. Most old people are like that. You can't blame them though, during their younger years, they were lied to by the government and were taught to think of "reefer" like we think of heroin. But hell yea, I didn't know MA legalized MMJ! 'Das wuzzup tho.

4. you cant just expect the world to erase its ignorance over night because more places are getting mmj and 2 states are essentially legal lol...

lots of people out there have NO fucking clue what they are talking about

However, it really ISNT an issue to have dispensaries more then 1000 feet from a school... seriously... its not a huge issue lol

5. I'd like dispensaries placed close to me :smoking:

6. I wish I had a dispensary 1000 feet from my campus! Fuck you Virginia!!!

7. How close to a school can you have a store selling liquor and tobacco? I would find that to be an "acceptable" distance. :cool:

After all, children can and do enter those establishments where liquor and tobacco (the REAL gateway drugs) are sold, thus familiarizing them to their sight and use.

While, on the other hand, they cannot enter dispensaries! I have always seen an "Over 18 only" sign at the entrance of every dispensary I have visited. The most a kid is going to get from a dispensary is a whiff of the raw herb as they walk by!

Granny :wave:

8. I'd say let the market decide. If they can get enough patients in an area to stay open let it be there. We need to stop hiding this from kids and actually start educating them on the subject.

9. I feel schools should be in a residential area not a commercial area anyways. My elementary and high schools were in a neighborhood and it made them a much better place to be. Middle school was smack dab in the center of town. Little Ceasers backed up to the gym so kids would sneak out after gym and get a $5 pizza for 4 people instead of the cafeteria pizza $4 for a person and that was great till we got caught. There weren't any places serving alcohol effected by this school and I think with the same limits on dispensaries there wouldn't be any loss.

10. lol i went to school within a block of a liquor store, a gun store, and a sex toy shop.... within a 5 minute walk of a party college campus, and within 5 mins the other direction is boulders "where all the bums and fucking gross ass pedophile low lifes (yes there are some of them there, i know of a guy thats atleast 40 who sleeps with 14 year olds but thats a different tale) hang out" spot...

and my highschool had very few issues with anything.... tons of potheads... sure.. but that didnt cause any problems lol

11. I see no problems with keeping them 1000 feet from school areas.. shouldn't be that big of a deal. I live near a daycare center and what used to be an elementary school, and there's a liquor store right across the street from me. 1000 feet isn't as far as I thought.

12. I'm surrounded by schools! From the entrance of my neighborhood I can see and elementary and a junior ~high~

That was ~lame~ haha regardless weed isn't even legal in Ohio :/ One can only dream

13. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']How close to a school can you have a store selling liquor and tobacco? I would find that to be an "acceptable" distance. :cool:

After all, children can and do enter those establishments where liquor and tobacco (the REAL gateway drugs) are sold, thus familiarizing them to their sight and use.

While, on the other hand, they cannot enter dispensaries! I have always seen an "Over 18 only" sign at the entrance of every dispensary I have visited. The most a kid is going to get from a dispensary is a whiff of the raw herb as they walk by!

Granny :wave:[/quote]

This.

14. Sorry, I disagree. Definitely don't think we should be educating kids on Marijuana. We shouldn't even introduce the drug at all. There are so many things speaking negatively about it, and nothing positive, but I feel like there should be nothing until they are adults. I mean kids don't necessarily need to know about alcohol, and how it may be fun to drink or whatever, you feel me?

15. [quote name='"Nipples"']

Sorry, I disagree. Definitely don't think we should be educating kids on Marijuana. We shouldn't even introduce the drug at all. There are so many things speaking negatively about it, and nothing positive, but I feel like there should be nothing until they are adults. I mean kids don't necessarily need to know about alcohol, and how it may be fun to drink or whatever, you feel me?[/quote]

Uh... saying we should educate them would involve speaking the truth to them.... not negative lies

I think they are saying kids shouldn't be raised with cannabis as some taboo unspoken drug that they don't know about.... and I don't think elementary school really needs much on it, but middle school does...

If kids were educated on it, with truths, we can obliterate the lies from future generations

16. [quote name='"Nipples"']

Sorry, I disagree. Definitely don't think we should be educating kids on Marijuana. We shouldn't even introduce the drug at all. There are so many things speaking negatively about it, and nothing positive, but I feel like there should be nothing until they are adults. I mean kids don't necessarily need to know about alcohol, and how it may be fun to drink or whatever, you feel me?[/quote]

So just magicly hope they never hear about or come in contact with cannabis until they are adults is your plan? Cause that makes sooo much more sense.then educating them. You can tell them that it is a decision adults make and.that they can.make when they are older you don't have to pretend cannabis dosent exist

17. what does that even mean? continue lying to kids so they won't try it? i'm sure that isn't what you're implying but actually educating kids to make choices off real facts is definitely not a bad thing.

18. That's definitely not what I was implying... What I meant was that they shouldn't even know about it until they're at least in middle/high school.

But yeah, I see everyone's point, I agree. We should educate people about it, I mean it pisses me off when people just use these lies to argue with me about weed