Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical marijuana on probation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Vollans1, May 11, 2010.

1. Hi I just recently got on probation and I had the medical card before I was on probation. I got it for my asthma but I smoke it for depression. My probation officer said I could write the judge a letter to ask permission to use it. Do you thinks its likely they will let me use it. She says they usually only give out to aids patients, and people with cancer.

2. hmmm i dunno i heard if u had it before u got on probation u were good, but thats just some shit i heard one time. Could be totally wrong and thats for california law.

3. There setting you up for lock down.Is smoking worth that

4. I knew someone who was on probation and was using cannabis. His rec dated from well before his bust. He was on probation for growing a "few too many" plants as a caregiver (One rec was good for 2 years, but the cops didn't recognize it as a valid rec- only ONE year they said!) and some other petty stuff, but he was definitely growing way too many plants!

He was still allowed to grow for himself (6 plants), but had to stay away from his old buddies (former felons, one and all, but not bad dudes). He had hep C and psychological problems. He died last year due to causes unrelated to his illness.

So make your plea, the worst that happens is they say "NO!".

Support your use with medical studies (click the "Medical studies" link in my sig). Have someone else read your letter to the judge before you send it in- we are blind to our own spelling and grammar mistakes! It's petty and wrong, but people ARE judged on their grammar and spelling all the time! (Your letter, job aps, letters to the editor, etc). The letter should be addressed - To the Honorable (John Q. Doe).

Good luck!

Granny

5. #5 Storm Crow, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    I knew someone who was on probation and was using cannabis. His rec dated from well before his bust. He was on probation for growing a "few too many" plants as a caregiver (One rec was good for 2 years, but the cops didn't recognize it as a valid rec- only ONE year they said!) and some other petty stuff, but he was definitely growing way too many plants!

He was still allowed to grow for himself (6 plants), but had to stay away from his old buddies (former felons, one and all, but not bad dudes). He had hep C and psychological problems. He died last year due to causes unrelated to his illness.

So make your plea, the worst that happens is they say "NO!".

Support your use with medical studies (click the "Medical studies" link in my sig). Remember, asthma can be a life threatening condition and depression is no walk in the park, either! Denial of medications could be considered as a "cruel and unusual punishment"!

Have someone else read your letter to the judge before you send it in- we are blind to our own spelling and grammar mistakes! It's petty and wrong, but people ARE judged on their grammar and spelling all the time! (Your letter, job aps, letters to the editor, etc). The letter should be addressed - To the Honorable (John Q. Doe).

Good luck!

Granny :wave:

6. Good luck with that.

I guess it all depends on how generous the judge is feeling and how extreme your case is.

I personally wouldn't try it unless you have a damn good chance of getting your request. By asking you are telling the judge you do "drugs" and if you don't get your request and your probation wasn't for drug offences then you might still end up with some unexpected drug tests/harassment during your probabtion period.

7. the state vs. fed law probably makes it pretty touchy. i would say they will most likely say no and reccomend you talk to your doctor about other meds.

8. As said I would suggest you pursue it as the worst they can do is say no. I have one friend that is on probation with a mmj rec for ADD so I know they do let people continue that dont have terminal illness's keep there rec.

This is in Cali

9. if they say yes, get it in writing

10. ya lol after thinking about it, thats pretty wild mmj or not.. "hey judge can i smoke some pot?" as for the cops not recognizing your friends rec as valid, that happens all the time. I'd estimate like 35% or more of mmj recs in cali are bogus, so many fakes out looking for a quick buck off us. check out the whole c.a.r.e debockle, they sent like thousands to some fake dr or something and they are a medi shop! go to 420center.com that place is LEGIT and even has attorneys on call to prove your shit and theirs. alot of places even legit ones if you get caught up will be like, WTF is this guy? and screw you over royally.