Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana in NJ?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by majesticemu92, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Does anybody know if its available yet? I do know a bill was passed to legalize medical marijuana. Does anybody have it in NJ yet and if so how and or where did you go to get the card. Thanks. I've heard it will be available in July of 2010 is that true? I live in south jersey.

2. not available till late in the year.

only seriously ill patients will be able to obtain a card. its very restrictive.

3. Hope I can get it i'm pretty sure July 18th is the day people can get mm cards. I am in chronic pain after all, and weed does help a lot.

4. well i got a whole bunch of problems hopefully i can get it too!!!

5. I may change my residence to get some medi bud.i cant wait for nj's laws to kick in

6. "SUMMARY: Governor Jon Corzine signed the New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act into law on January 18, 2010. The law takes effect six months after this date. The law mandates the state to promulgate rules governing the distribution of medical cannabis to state-authorized patients. These rules shall address the creation of up to six state-licensed "alternative treatment centers." Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: cancer, glaucoma, seizure and/or spasticity disorders (including epilepsy), Lou Gehrig's disease, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, HIV/AIDS, inflammatory bowel disease (including Crohn's disease), any terminal illness if a doctor has determined the patient will die within a year. Other conditions are subject to approval by the state Department of Health. Patients authorized to use marijuana under this act will not be permitted to cultivate their own cannabis, and are limited to the possession of two ounces of marijuana per month. Additional information on this measure is available here."

The above is taken from the NORML website.
    As you can see NJ hasn't even alloted for chronic pain, although it does say "
    Other conditions are subject to approval by the state Department of Health" whatever that means.

Sammy

7. The law should be in affect sometime this summer. You wont be able to get it with pain though. Unless its pain from cancer/aids/ms etc.

8. lol guys, as i said, its restrictive. SERIOUS illnesses only...its a start..