Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical marijuana in minnesota?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Expo523, Dec 3, 2009.

1. at school today my friend said that mn passed the law for mn to have legal medical mj but all i heard is that it is going through the house again.

2. Until Pawlenty is out of office, it won't happen in Minnesota. He's vetoed it once already when it passed and go to his desk, and said he would do it again.

3. #3 floating_by, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2009
    A ballot initiative that would put it to the voters in 2010 is possible. I was under the impression that MPP or some other organization was working with at least one if not more sponsors in the legislature. It would require gathering of signatures in order to be placed on the ballot. They made it sound like they were going to put it through the legislature here recently in the news. With Pawlenty still in office, why bother? :confused::rolleyes:
    Gotta put it to the people. :cool::hello:
    Steve Murphy from Red Wing (DFL) was in the news recently. Try contacting him perhaps?

4. thanks ya they should put it to the people

5. I had contacted MPP a while ago to inquire about the status of any MN initiatives in 2010.
    I finally got a response, but I am afraid it was not positive news. MPP explained (if this person's explanation is exemplary of MPP's organizational agendas) that they will NOT be doing anything in MN for 2010. They are simply going to wait until 2011 when Pawlenty is out of office. Really sucked to hear that. I hope this person that got back to me was somehow wrong about this, but that's the word right now. :(

Be safe out there Minny.

6. I didn't wanna make another thread so I think ill just revive this one. Has anything changed for minnesota? Any organizations planning on helping?

7. No, he's just gonna veto the bill again. :mad:
    It was actually passed by both houses, but as soon as it reached him he immediately vetoed the bill.

8. Damn that sucks man :/ hopefully the next guy won't be like the one we have now

9. I do hope that all of you are registered to vote! We will need you to get those "dinosaurs" out of office come 2011, but right now you should be sharing my list with others to educate them!

When I started using cannabis there was no "medical use" it was ALL abuse- sick or not! When polls are done now, between 60 and 90% of the people support medical use. In 40 years, we have gone from 0% to about 75% of the people agreeing with medical use!

The difference is education! Every one of those people changed their minds after seeing a friend or relative use cannabis medically, or read an article that convinced them.

The post office does not require return addresses on letters. So send your doctor a few studies from my list below. Don't forget the local politicians- they draft the local ordinances and if all they have to go on is government propaganda....:( Your clergy need to know, too. The old lady down the street, Uncle Jack with his alcoholism and high blood pressure, Aunt Mary, hobbling along with her fibro, and anyone else you think the knowledge could help- they ALL deserve to know the truth about cannabis! It's up to you to tell them!

WE are the experts here! Even in Canada where MMJ is federally legal, the doctors admit that most of what they know about cannabis comes from their patients! Unless we educate others, how will they know what cannabis can do for them?

But before you educate others, get your facts straight! READ MY LIST! :hello: (linked in my sig) Educate yourself!

Granny :wave:

10. Dang... got all excited to see this. :cool:

I was saddened to learn the last go around that MN is one of the states (23 states I want to say) that does NOT have the ability for citizens to gather signatures and introduce legislation. It must all go through the legislature. :rolleyes: There have been three attempts to introduce legislation that would allow for ballot initiatives. Each time, interestingly, labor unions and the media (especially newspapers) were staunch opponents and squashed the move. Ever seem like its an uphill battle in the papers with their coverage of this issue? Now ya know. :rolleyes:

2011 can't come soon enough. Failplenty is an asshole. Nothing more can be said of that jerk.