Medical Marijuana In Maryland

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by psycicmind, Jul 5, 2014.

1. I haven't seen any forums on this topic so I figured I'd add my story.  Back a long while ago in 2012 I got arrested for possession. I did have a doctors note and everything for epilepsy, so when I went to court they just gave me "probation before judgement".  They did not drug test me.

Later on, the cost of the weed here was just too much, and the quality too low, so I started growing (I was still on pbj). I had some rad plants but one day because of reasons out of my control, the police came to search our house because of a robbery that took place at a store that we owned.   They locked me up and had me basically dead to rights.  I was growing 1 male and 3 females. (needed more seed)

The law in maryland didn't provide much in the way of protection, (and still doesn't) 

But because there is a lot of grey area in the law, I thought I'd share what happened to me.

I went to court for the manufacture charge and my lawyer begged me to plead guilty for a plea deal of pbj for a year.  I said no, and was intent on fighting it.
    The next court date, was gonna be my trial, that morning they offered me an even sweeter deal. Where I make an Alford plea (different from a guilty plea) and I decided to take it, it seemed good enough.

I got 18 months supervised probation before judgement, no special conditions, no fine, no nothing.  They also said I can sign up for the medical program that "should" be established this December, that they'll terminate the pbj and drop the charges.

Because I was already on probation for a previous weed charge my PO tried (notice I said tried) to violate me.  My PO hates me lol. I went to court, and the judge told me that "even in legal states they need licenses to grow", my lawyer gave her the stack of my medical records when she was saying it.  She was about to give me a really really long speech. But when she saw the doctors note all she said was, "Oh, a doctor in Maryland said this? Well I see no reason to keep you here" 

So if there's anyone in a similar situation, I will say that the judges can be quite reasonable.  If your medical records in order and have testimony from a doctor, you should be fine.

Now days my PO keeps looking through my file trying and trying to find any special conditions of my probation but can't find any.  One day she told me she couldn't find parts of my file cuz there was "no way" there weren't any special conditions....boy was she disappointed.  

And I blaze up every day! I don't smoke....I BLAZE!!!!
    Well...that's my story.

Anyone else in Maryland on here? How was your experience? Were you a  mmj patient?

2. Wait so you're saying if I get a doctors note in NJ(instead of Maryland) but not get accepted for the MMJ program here I will be left alone ?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. It would be harder to present a doctors note from out of state.  The law in Maryland requires you to have a "bonafied patient physician relationship". 

So it has to be a doctor who you regularly see.  The cops will still lock you up if you have more than 10 g or paraphernalia, but in court they will pretty much let you go.  

It also helps to have all related medical records of your disability on hand. You can easily get them if you call up the records dept in any hospitals or clinics you've been to.

In my experience, they won't make you quit toking if it goes against doctors recommendations. Your probation officer might hate you for it...but that's something I can live just fine with.