Medical Marijuana in Illinois?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by mr0jack, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Does anyone know of any progress or laws or any form of advances in achieving medical marijuana in Illinois? It seems to be a pretty well kept secret because I'm having trouble finding out about it.

2. medical marijuana in Illinois already happened awhile ago im pretty sure. just not on a big scale like cali or colorado w/ dispenseries and stuff. but i know forsure if you are dying and very very ill you can get medical marijane in illinois already.

3. MMJ is not legal in Illinois, they just rejected yet another proposal. Illinois

Our financial situation is in my respects worse than California's but yet we shoot down new revenue streams. But of course the poor well ultimately pay back any budget shortfalls. Welcome to American, land of financial slavery.

4. Wrong....

5. For real, wtf is going on with Illinois? Didn't we have a bill almost pass?

Man, I hate politicians, they're such fucking scum

6. It keeps getting stuck up in the state congress.

Bills keep getting postponed, delayed, bullshit, etc

7. OP asked if there's been progress in Illinois?

If you live in this hell hole, you know our state legislation is piss poor. This state is rated 43rd for economic climate. Sorry about my rant..

My biggest issue with medical in IL; plan on giving up your drivers license to receive your medication..

8. not gonna happen here for a long time. fact Illinois politics are the worst ever...

9. Yup. Rated the 3rd worst state for corruption in the US, and Chicago as the number one most corrupt city.

10. Yo! I love and hate chi (illinois) because of this, this is a real corrupt shit hole, with the biggest currupt politics, crime, the fucking cold and steammy hot weather, and all these sports teams that suck and are over payed. I wonder why some people whant to come visit this place.

11. The Reps (especially the Republicans) have been fighting passing a medical cannabis bill, reaching for scare tactics and basing their arguments on hearsay and propaganda. Intimidation doesn't work, trying to tap into their compassionate side has made us some progress, but ultimately they fear their voter base and that and the desire for re-election overrides everything else in their minds.