Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana in Florida

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Archer, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hey do you guys know if there is any updates on where Florida stands on mmj? I searched but didn't find much, and was hoping one of you may know.

2. Get in touch with PUFMM! :yay:

They will happily fill you in! :hello:

Don't know if you are in Tampa, but if not, they will head you in the right direction! :D

PUFMM - Tampa <info@meetup.com>

3. Idk, i moved to Fla in june and my smoking habits(where, when, and how is smoke) have completely changed since moving from(decriminalized) Mass. Hope its legalized for medical use soon. With my sensitive stomach and heart burn(aka Gerd) smoking can help when i dont feel like eating.

4. Yea I use it for Tourettes and Chronic Migraines.

5. What county you in in Fla, im in Brevard

6. Pinellas

7. Cool, well we all continue to hope

8. Florida will not have mmj anytime soon. This state is pretty fucking conservative, which include the masses of old people here who still believe weed is just as bad as heroin.

9. Agreed.

10. Yeah it sucks especially moving from mass where if ur caught with ne thing less than a zip u get a 100$ fine.

11. Yea, here it might as well be heroin for the charges you get...

12. I know, ne time i smoke on the road im paranoid as shit.

13. #13 Storm Crow, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
    You guys CAN change that! Look, once the medical facts about cannabis are known, the need for legalization becomes obvious!

Old "Uncle Joe and Aunt Rose" will NEVER vote to legalize smoking pot! But rather than waiting for them to die off :cool:, change their minds!

It is all how you present it!

Everyone fears Alzheimer's. The thought of having your mind, your self, stolen bit by bit by amyloid plaque terrifies us all. :eek: You may have seen those ads for Aricept, the wonderful drug from Big Pharma! They go on in their commercials how it slows the deposit of amyloid plaque.....

How about showing "Joe and Rose" this article from WebMD- a trusted and very respectible medical information site. They compared Aricept and THC, the active ingredient in cannabis. The results were pretty amazing!

The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

I can grow cannabis, but I have yet to see an Aricept bush! Are we to put up with an expensive, 2nd-best, pharmaceutical when there is a better and cheaper alternative that grows like a weed?

And then there's cancer- 1 out of every 3 Americans will have cancer sometime in their life! These studies may be a bit hard to read, but their titles are pretty clear!

JunD is involved in the antiproliferative effect of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol on human breast cancer cells (abst - 2008) JunD is involved in the antiproliferative effect of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol on human breast cancer cells.

Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/318/3/1375.full

Active Chemicals in Cannabis Inhibits Prostate Cancer Cell Growth (news - 2009)
    Active Chemicals in Cannabis Inhibits Prostate Cancer Cell Growth

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer (news - 2000)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer[/FONT]

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org...searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

See that first link in my sig? All those studies and more are there for you to educate all the "Joes and Roses"!

Make a few copies of the article and leave them in laundromats, on a bench at an indoor mall, college lounges...anywhere there are bored people with time on their hands!

All we have to do is get the facts out! :yay: (All the prohibitionists have are lies and deceptions!)

How long legalization takes, is totally up to you guys! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

14. I like your enthusiasm but it is much easier said than done. I will medicate with Marijuana whether the law permits it or not. I do tell people I know about the facts of Marijuana and have changed many peoples thoughts about it but still too many people are against it here.

15. I just moved from Florida. I lived there for about 10 years. The way the law was written was misinterpreted by some voters. But majority are voting for medical use.

Florida is the #1 producing state of pharm's. So that might slow them down.

*gulf coast rep!* :)

16. Florida will prob be the last state to allow MMJ. Those fucking corrupt ass republicans down there will never see it thru. Ive lived in Fla almost 35 yrs and have since moved to Wa state. Long story short I got popped with a small bud that was my brothers that he put in my cigg pack. I got 6 months probation, 6 months drug counceling and a day and a half in jail and this was my first offense. I was in grug counceling with pple taking oxy's, heroin and any other bullshit you can think of and I got popped for herb. Now I ask you if thats not fucked up, then what is.? Travis I also lived in brevard but got popped in lake county. I was in Cocoa and still have family and alotta friends there. You?

17. This exact case has happened to many of my friends. Upon being caught by the law they will give you a chance to pay unGodly amounts of money of go to "rehab".

Right before I moved from Florida my friend got caught with a seed, he know has 2 years probation, and pays rediculous amounts monthly. It pretty much is keeping him from getting his RN certification now. and holding back his life plans/career.

Florida is bullshit.

18. [quote name='"colo rad"']

This exact case has happened to many of my friends. Upon being caught by the law they will give you a chance to pay unGodly amounts of money of go to "rehab".

Right before I moved from Florida my friend got caught with a seed, he know has 2 years probation, and pays rediculous amounts monthly. It pretty much is keeping him from getting his RN certification now. and holding back his life plans/career.

Florida is bullshit.[/quote]

People are just too scared of change down there with all those old people. There needs to be more seminars at old communities, more rallies, more overall coverage especially on the news with real facts about real people. You eliminate drug dealers down there and maybe the gateway effect with such conservative oldies realize it isn't an addictive substance that ruins lives and could actually benefit them for their problems like arthritis and pain even, safely and possibly cheaper if they grow their own. I know a lot of old people who love to garden and the satisfaction they could get from growing their own would surely make then happier too! The fines are insane. I'm from PA and got busted and have fines out the ass for it and have probation. we don't have much momentum going on either here.

19. I'm orig from Miami [305 REP!] and as a person who has a mother suffering from MS, I just need to say that FL needs to get their shit straight soon. I don't live there now haven't for 5yrs but the laws here compared to there are the same. FL has non stop partying all year long and clubs off the ying yang so your going to tell me while we have idiots in 305 popping bars "trying" to rob a bank they can't make this herb legal?? plus seniors raid that place so they should know how much this will benefit them... HIT UP THOSE SENIORS!! drop it in their oatmeal or something lol one more thing.. education there sucks so before they can go about spending tons of money bustin people for a G they need to get some better school programs for all those kids skippin class and hittin up the beach (it was me a couple of times lol)

20. Florida really needs to realize and legalize mmj.