Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana in Cali is dead

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by briangumble, Mar 29, 2012.

1. MAx be trollin. Golden hash oild is dope.

2. One of the few remaining dispensaries here got raided again yesterday-
    It gotten so bad, it's hard to find a decent place that has decent meds, just not whatever crap we can settle on.
    And not everyone can grow. I live in a condo...no yard. Houseplants I have a greenthumb-but, I don't think I could grow my own.
    Friggin sigh-

3. not where i live in california. in certain areas theres literally a dispensary every block, and good dispensaries too (45 cap). you can get your club card here for anything, and its almost a right of passage for someone that smokes weed to get their club card, often right when they turn 18. i know of one place near me that was recently raided, but it was by no means the best or most popular club around.

4. Just a few short months ago, we did too FatSesh! Everywhere & it was great! I could get my meds, no problem.
    Then Northern California lost its mind & well, you know what happened.
    And with this latest raid, shit, I don't know what's going to happen.
    Back underground again...but with a rec from The Cancer Clinic (I don't have it, I have a blood disorder). So I feel kind of protected from arrest.
    I am just stumped when I see all our last tiny shitty dispensaries left with their dried out buds @ $15-$20a gram. When D.C. now has them & grow sites!
    I thought it was federally illegal?
    Blah.

5. #45 mjmama25, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    [quote name='"ocsurfer"']

The problem with that is that by federal law ALL dispensaries are illegal and "excess". We do not want to live in a constant state of uncertainty regarding when or where the DOJ/DEA will strike next. For all we know they could be planning to close every dispensary in the U.S. as we speak. There is NO definitive "logic" regarding which dispensaries stay open and which are targeted by the DEA.

Furthermore there is no definition of which dispensaries are legal even by California law. Everyone seems to be interpreting MMJ laws in CA to suit their needs. If city attorneys want dispensaries out of their communities they claim that they are all illegal. Advocates for MMJ in California claim that they are all legal.

California first needs to pass something like AB-2312 (Bill Text - AB-2312 Controlled substances.) in order to clarify state law. THEN we can worry more about the feds without having city and county officials calling them in to help get rid of dispensaries.[/quote]

Actually you at quite wrong. There is most definitely criteria for which clubs get shut down. Just because YOU don't think so, and most ex club owners wouldn't admit it, doesn't mean you're right. My uncle is unfortunately a DEA agent and I've seen quite a bit first hand. The clubs they busting are serving non-sick patients and overcharging cancer patients. They are selling hash that's made in dangerous ways, and they do dirty business, not paying taxes on all their sales....etc, etc, etc. Until you know first hand, quite talking. Now on the other hand,
    the club I go to has never been bothered in 10 years while other clubs in the area have come and gone. You know why? They do good business and don't do anything to get shut down.

6. [quote name='"xdog"']
    No they're not.[/quote]

Yes, they are cracking down on clubs that sell hash made using dangerous methods and hazardous chemicals. My club only sells bubble hash because they are fully aware of the regulation others clubs ignore.

7. some clubs sell wax

8. xdog looks like he read the same thing as me-that hash is not illegal (this week anyway!).
    The most recent raid here was on a dispensary that was open & not bothered with for about 10 yrs. They've been raided twice in the past couple months-
    So much hypocrisy is going on here, its crazy.
    The city brought a 10% additional tax on mmj sales in the November, the people voted it in! The very month it went into affect was the month the city started raiding dispensaries. Now, why wouldnt a nearly bankrupt city throw away a 10% tax on top on the county tax at 7.375 (think that's it now).
    None of it makes sense. 1 day it's fine, the next it's blowing up in everyone's face!
    Frustrating!!!

9. it's because all you motherfuckers tried hiding behind the medical aspect, when you know that you, me and everyone you know arent legitimate patients.... sure there might be the rare cancer case or whatever, or like me plain and saw me out or appetite... but I don't particularly I like having to pretend to be sick. I don't drink I don't do drugs. I workout and jog everyday. and I smoke about a quarter a day, I also grow and I don't ask permission for any of it.... legalization and medical marijuana are 2 entirely different things... nds most shops are run by quasi armenian or russian gangsters... I'm just saying stop hiding behind medical..... wouldn't it be nice just to be able to buy it. because the feds will step in, wendy's supposeta medical clinics look like skateparks in reference to the clientele that comes in and out. whatever do what you want I grow my own, and I pretty much have my genetics worked out, so I'm good to go in the event of total shut down...

ForumRunner_20120331_112651.png

10. sorry for the typos I am driving using voice text.... but you get my point

11. Why the attack? You don't know me or my situation motherfucker. Or the others that you called liars as well.

12. check this: Record-High 50% of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana Use

Also, check the record of states who have legalized medical in the last 10-15 years.

You simply aren't dealing in reality if you can't recognize that things are trending in a positive direction.

13. I can see this leading to an arguement, so I'm just going to ask that you reference the regulation you're referring to so we're all on the same page. I'm not sure if you're talking about state or fed regs.

14. [quote name='"xdog"']
    I can see this leading to an arguement, so I'm just going to ask that you reference the regulation you're referring to so we're all on the same page. I'm not sure if you're talking about state or fed regs.[/quote]

It's the California Health and safety code section 11379.6 on chemical extraction that bans the production of most types of hash.

15. #55 xdog, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
    Where does it say what types of hash are legal to produce? It really doesn't matter because we were discussing fed raids and you jumped in, made a false statement with respect to the fed raids and then cited a state law that really has nothing to do with anything. Where is your evidence that the fed raids are based on bho or other concentrate?

16. I'm sorry various dispensaries are getting shut down in Cali, but in a way California deserves it. We cannot forget that California had the chance to COMPLETELY legalize but many people(including dispensaries) said "I have my MMJ, fuck everybody else". I remember reading posts in this forum saying that from people in CA before the election.

We don't have dispensaries here in AZ, I just get my mmj from a head shop. I didn't have to sign anything or give up my right to cultivate. I don't have to worry about any of the things i did just a few months ago but I would still vote for full legalization. Maybe if many of those dispensary owners voted for legalization they wouldn't be out of a job now.

BTW, I know there were many dispensary owners wanting legalization, but there were many more against it simply for selfish profit.

17. You know, you can't lump all the dispensaries as crooks. It's not right.
    While I agree that there is no shortage of slime balls using their business as a front for a bigger, for profit operations.
    But there are those who just really care! I've watched it nearly destroy a family that just had a small dispensary & high hopes (no pun) of really making a difference. But the city fucked with them & they just closed.
    So, unless you know first hand in all this California drama, please, don't make it worse for those who did/are trying like hell to follow Californias & their counties laws. It's terrible. A total Catch 22.
    Peace,
    :smoke:

18. [quote name='"debbiedoes"']One of the few remaining dispensaries here got raided again yesterday-
    It gotten so bad, it's hard to find a decent place that has decent meds, just not whatever crap we can settle on.
    And not everyone can grow. I live in a condo...no yard. Houseplants I have a greenthumb-but, I don't think I could grow my own.
    Friggin sigh-[/quote]

what dispensary would that be? I was in vallejo today and thought of hitting natures love co but ended up deciding to just wait for my caregiver.

19. Better Health Group. And I drove passed Solace, they're gone.
    Like I said-friggin sucks!
    As long as you got your meds! That's important! I think that's the 1thing people are forgetting-that for some people, like you & I, just being sure you have access to your meds is kinda nerve wracking!
    Happy April! Finally! But Cold!!
    DebbieDoes! ;)

20. [quote name='"xdog"']
    Where does it say what types of hash are legal to produce? It really doesn't matter because we were discussing fed raids and you jumped in, made a false statement with respect to the fed raids and then cited a state law that really has nothing to do with anything. Where is your evidence that the fed raids are based on bho or other concentrate?[/quote]

Bubble Hash and hand rubbed hash are perfectly legal. Hash made using chemical solvents are specifically banned by CA state law. The feds are busting clubs that aren't compliant with state law. What's so hard to understand about that???