Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana in a Pharmacists Magazine

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by AK123089, Nov 5, 2010.

1. #1 AK123089, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010
    Sadly, I won't have much info on this until I can try and borrow this magazine, but I am a pharmacy technician, and I saw the most recent pharmacist's magazine sitting on the counter with "Medical Marijuana" in big bold letters... so, obviously, I found some down time and picked it up.

It was the first article I've ever read on marijuana for medical purposes that was not strewn with slander and misinformation on marijuana users and what the plant can do to you.
    There was a thorough discusson on cannabinoids, THC, and all of the potentially medicinal qualities marijuana can have, as well as tons of information on the role marijuana has played in history (even in the US). I read the major text of it, but there were at least 15 more pages on the laws, regulations, misc states and their laws, and all sorts of stuff I really didn't have the time to read.

I want to post it now so I don't forget, but I have work tomorrow, I'll take a look at what the magazine is actually called and post a link to it. I don't know if the article will be online, but if I can find it, it's an interesting read.

2. Sounds awesome. Keep us posted.

3. It was U.S. Pharmacist that posted the article.

USPharmacist.com > Issue Table of Contents

I don't have the time to look around and see if you can read the whole issue online, but you can see the cover art for it, and it SAYS view issue, but I didn't really investigate.

I'm going to get sushi with my man, I'll check back when he leaves tomorrow.

4. that's sick!!! hell yes :D

5. USPharmacist.com > Home
    USPharmacist.com > Continuing Education > Medical Marijuana: Therapeutic Uses and Legal Status

6. this story is soo tight. post some more please :D

7. keep us posted!

8. thanks bro im gonna check that out for sure :D your awesome

9. "The most common adverse effect reported is dizziness, along with euphoria and irritability"

Why do people think of euphoria as an adverse effect?

What is wrong with medicine that makes you happy?

Also, it doesn't mention in it the article but Sativex was recently approved for use in New Zealand

10. irritability?!!?
    news to me :p

11. Ya. Shame the government here voted down legalising medical marijuana :(

12. Physicians would give written statements to patients whom they believe would benefit medically from using marijuana, but they would not write prescriptions, which could subject them to federal prosecution.

13. I'm so glad someone posted the link because I was really preoccupied this weekend!
    :D

But yes, this is what I found sitting on the counter in my pharmacy that excited me enough to mention it here! :)

Happy reading!