Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana for Minors?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by nefarious, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Hello, i was hearing a lot about medical marijuana and minors and was wondering how often they got cards and for what conditions, for depression and anxiety as well?

Does MediCann seem like one of the organizations that would recommend it for children? I understand that a parent has to be there.

I also was wondering how many people were using it for ADHD as I saw that on youtube the other day?

2. I have only ever heard of minors being able to get a rec. and card in Cali.

Also, in Cali you can get a rec. for practically anything so I'm sure ADHD would be viable.

3. MediCann probably would. You wont lose anything other than some time by seeing the doctor, so go for it.

4. The state in question was california, so yes, I'll have to see what happens.

5. I had a friend who was underage at the time. He sadly had cancer and his parents let him get medical marijuana in the form of pills but he also got his card and was allowed to smoke whenever he felt like it. So yes it is possible, but you need parental approval.

My friend is now cancer free and recovering.

6. most dr.'s are making it 21 of age or older to see them. it might be a law soon

7. In California, if you have the signature of a legal guardian, or you are an emancipated minor, you can get a recommendation.

8. Well I'll have to post again when I found out if the person in question gets the recommendation.

They're scheduling the appointment next week, so will probably actually see the doctor in a month.

9. #9 Rasta Mon, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2009
    you just admitted that you were underage
    but anyways
    you have to have medical records to back up your statement when your underaged
    they aren't going to give someone who isn't an adult a recommendation to smoke weed if it isn't a very serious condition

No, they didn't say they were underage. Please read carefully before commenting to avoid future false accusations. -Trikky

10. No, no I don't believe I did.

Said minor is going in for... severe anxiety, I believe.

11. I've heard of a minor in Cali getting a MMJ Card. Also I have seen an interview with a doctor on youtube suggesting that MJ can be helpful for kids with ADD and ADHD (I agree that it can be) however she recommends that they ingest it orally rather than smoking it.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj72e5q61Fs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj72e5q61Fs[/ame]

12. Almost all the cannabis clubs are 18 or older. I think the most common way a minor gets a doctors rec is through private doctors rather than just medicann.. I could be wrong I think i remember there being a parental section on the App.....??? It still dosen't mean the condition has too be more serious or that in the future they will not allow children, this is a medical product that can help all except should not be smoked by minors in my opinion...

13. It doesn't necessarily need to be smoked. You are misinformed.

14. i don't see why not

but its a touchy subject

15. Agreed. Though I believe that if a minor is going to behave responsibly, I don't see why they should be denied. On the other hands, there are many unresponsible minors who would sell it, and abuse the system.