Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana for depression?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by FridgeToad, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suicidal and struggled with depression off and on for about 5 years, been to therapists and all the such. Would I be qualified? :confused:

2. Depends if depression is on your states list of qualifying ailments for MMJ.

3. There is a "Do I qualify?" sticky, or check NORML- they have the up to date info for the states.

Just trust me on this- start taking Omega 3 every day and keep toking moderately.

A deficiency of dietary omega-3 may explain depressive behaviors (news - 2011)
    A deficiency of dietary omega-3 may explain depressive behaviors

(It's more complicated than that, but that article is a good start)

Granny :wave:

4. ive used 5-htp in the past, mj does work better for me. depending on strain. check this out from grannys list though it couldnt worsen if used too much

Cannabis: Potent Anti-Depressant In Low Doses, Worsens Depression At High Doses (news - 2007)
    Cannabis: Potent Anti-depressant In Low Doses, Worsens Depression At High Doses

edit; im sure thats not always the case but id just like to point out the possibilities if your depression is that bad you should take everything into consideration

5. Thanks for the advice fellas. Checked the sticky but didn't see anything bout depression, so i felt the need to ask

6. Did you really read the sticky? Because it says very clearly if you have further questions to ask in THAT thread, not start a new one. We really don't need EVERY user to start their own 'am I qualified' thread.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.