Medical Marijuana denies transplant

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ehngage, Mar 9, 2012.

1. This video caught me off guard, I had no idea that this could happen for using MMJ.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypF6QgoJ5Vw]Transplant Denied: How Medical Marijuana Policy Kills Patients - YouTube[/ame]

2. that chick in the white coat can suck my dick:hello:

3. This is horrible, that man should get treatment through medical tourism. He shouldn't have to, but our medical community has abandoned its morals. I will be writing to that hospital to remind them that they have handed out a death sentence, and as far as I know that isn't the job of medical doctors here in the U.S.

4. I see where they are coming from, but they just feel that they can trust no-one. I believe the strict rule of anti-cannabis use is unethical when it comes to a man's life.

5. #5 Storm Crow, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    This is nothing new! :mad:

Marinol Death Sentence: Oregon Man Denied Liver Transplant Because of Prescription -- He's Not the Only One (news – 2003) (And he was using a LEGAL DRUG!!!)
    [FONT=&quot]Marinol Death Sentence: Oregon Man Denied Liver Transplant Because of Prescription -- He's Not the Only One

[/FONT] The debate about marijuana usage in transplant candidates: recent medical evidence on marijuana health effects. (abst - 2008) The debate about marijuana usage ... [Curr Opin Organ Transplant. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Medical Marijuana Users Denied Organ Transplants (news – 2008) Medical Marijuana Users Denied Organ Transplants - Health Blog - WSJ

Is medical-marijuana use reason to deny someone an organ transplant? (news – 2008) Health | Is medical-marijuana use reason to deny someone an organ transplant? | Seattle Times Newspaper

Should Hepatitis C Patients Who Smoke Marijuana Be Eligible For Liver Transplants? (news - 2008) Should Hepatitis C Patients Who Smoke Marijuana Be Eligible For Liver Transplants?

Marijuana Use in Potential Liver Transplant Candidates. (abst - 2009)
    Unbound MEDLINE | Marijuana use in potential liver transplant candidates. PubMed Journal article abstract

[FONT=&quot]Woman Dies After Being Denied Organ Transplant (news – 2009)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Woman Dies After Being Denied Organ Transplant - Dare Generation Diary[/FONT]

Denial of hepatic transplantation on the basis of smoking: is it ethical? (abst – 2010)
    Denial of hepatic transplantation... [Curr Opin Organ Transplant. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Oregon hospitals denying life saving organ transplants to legal medical marijuana patients (news - 2010)
    Russ Belville: Oregon hospitals denying life saving organ transplants to legal medical marijuana patients

Health Tragedy: Patients Denied Life-Saving Transplants for Their "Abuse of Illicit Substances" (news – 2010) Health Tragedy: Patients Denied Life-Saving Transplants for Their "Abuse of Illicit Substances" | Personal Health | AlterNet

The Denial of Organ Transplants to Medical Marijuana Patients (news – 2011) Russ Belville: The Denial of Organ Transplants to Medical Marijuana Patients

Cancer Patient Taken Off Of Liver Transplant List Because Of Medical Marijuana Use
    (news – 2011) ASA : Cancer Patient Taken Off Of Liver Transplant List Because Of Medical Marijuana Use

Cedars-Sinai Denying Transplant To Medical Marijuana Patient With Inoperable Liver Cancer (news – 2011)
    Cedars-Sinai Denying Transplant To Medical Marijuana Patient With Inoperable Liver Cancer | Cannabis Culture Magazine

AND HERE'S THE KICKER! :mad:

Targeting cannabinoid receptors as a novel approach in the treatment of graft-versus-host disease: Evidence from an experimental murine model.
    (full – 2011) Targeting cannabinoid receptors as a novel approach in the treatment of graft-versus-host disease: Evidence from an experimental murine model

(GVHD = Graft Versus Host Disease, or rejection of the new organ :( My translation is in green)

In the current study, we tested the hypothesis that activation of cannabinoid receptors on donor-derived T cells may prevent GVHD.

We think activating CB receptors may prevent rejection.

We tested the effect of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in an acute model of GVHD that was induced by transferring parental C57Bl/6 (B6) spleen cells into (C57B1/6 X DBA/2) F1(BDF1) mice.

We transplanted spleen cells from one strain of mice into a very different type, insuring rejection and then gave some of them THC.

Transfer of B6 cells into BDF1 mice produced severe acute GVHD in the recipient,
    characterized by lymphoid hyperplasia, weight loss, Thl cytokine production and mortality.

The mice with the transplanted spleen cells got sick, lost weight and some of them died, as we expected.

THC administration led to early recovery from body weight loss, reduced tissue injury in the liver and intestine, as well as complete survival.

Heck, that doesn't NEED translating! You can read it as well as I can!

THC INCREASES SURVIVAL IN TRANSPLANTS!
    :eek:

It is CRIMINAL that MMJ users are denied transplants, when cannabis use will actually INCREASE their chances of survival!

Granny :wave:

6. And Jim, like all MMJ patients who need a transplant, has been given a death sentence for the use of herbal medicine! Jim is a decent guy, and doesn't deserve a death sentence for having the "wrong leaf" in his cigarette! I do not believe the mods would allow me to say what I think of this whole situation, because I would have to be VERY unlady-like- so I will just leave it at that!

Granny

7. #8 travilanche, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    She doesn't deserve to have my seed in her mouth. Plus she's so ugly I wouldn't let my dick get anywhere near her.

8. I hope all the fuckers involved in taking that mans life burn for eternity