Medical marijuana delivery man attacked by ninjas

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Mar 26, 2012.

1. The Associated Press

Monday, Mar. 26, 2012 | 07:08 AM
    Modified Mon, Mar 26, 2012
    WEST COVINA, Calif. -- West Covina police say two people in ninja costumes robbed a medical marijuana delivery man but it's not clear how much money or marijuana was taken.

Police Lt. Alan Henley told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune ( Medical marijuana delivery man reports he was robbed by ninjas in West Covina - SGVTribune.com) the victim had just made a delivery to a patient on South Sunset Avenue and was headed to his car when the pair confronted him and chased him with batons.

Henley says the attack took place just before 10 p.m. Friday.

Henley says the victim, in his 40s, was scared and dropped a bag containing marijuana and money and the attackers took it.

The lieutenant says he knows of no other ninja-style thefts recently.

I'm hearing more and more about these (no, not the ninjas - the robberies) as they shut the dispensaries down. This isn't like the pizza guy carrying $50 and a couple pizzas - it's frequently a dude rolling with over a QP and a wad of cash. I think it's time to scrap the system and start over in CA - this time take the money out of the equation.

2. This is the direct result of shutting down the dispensaries. As time goes by, this will happen more and more. They may not always dress like ninjas, but the robberies will become more frequent.

3. i LOL'd at this part "The lieutenant says he knows of no other ninja-style thefts recently."

4. When the ninjas get involved, you know it's time for a change.

5. You couldn't pay me enough to be a weed delivery guy. I don't like having a bulls eye on my head.