Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Depression Medical Marijuana Card in Canada

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by missRET, May 20, 2016.

?

Do you have depression and treat with medication and weed?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Use to

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Looking for advice or similar stories feedback.

I'm a 27 y.o. diagnosed and treated for depression with medication from my family doctor and counseling. Never smoked much during high school years but started smoking daily about 5 or 6 years ago. While I've recently had to change my anti-depressant I now feel I'm back on track with the right dose (took awhile to get there). I smoke throughout the day, usually as soon as I get up for the day (unless I'm working, but I've been a college student lately and haven't been working). I also smoke tobacco with my pot but I need to quit and want to move to concentrates.

Anyways, for me herb compliments my treatment with medication and counseling. It allows me to gather myself, clear my thoughts and mind of angers or stresses I otherwise would hold on to and brood over. It gives me the ability to calmly reflect on things, I'm very critical or myself and others (something I've been working on for awhile), but smoking a bowl just brings me to a level or clarity where I can step back and stop seeing things under the microscope.

So basically I'm looking to go legal but I keep seeing contracting statements online about 'Who is Eligible'. Some websites say herb is used to treat depression, but then when you look under 'Who isn't Eligible' it lists patients with mental health issues such as schizophrenia and depression.

I know that you usually see a Doctor from their clinic but are they very against treating patients with depression or is it more for mental health issues such as personality disorder or schizophrenia?

2. Hey, I'm in southern ontario, and I suffer from anxiety, depression and insomnia, I reached out to north London physician clinic, I found them under plants not pills, anyways long story short, I received my medical card.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. dont try to read other medical sites. Yes there exists some clinics that immediately offer medical marijuana, but remember that will only harm your beautiful life.

4. You can ask your physician to refer you to a cannabis clinic and go from there.

Another route would be through an online connection agency but you will need to get papers from your doctor proving what you have wrong.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. any further luck or ideas of doctors that do not require a referral?

6. Cannabis is great for depression sufferers. It's not so great for people that have been diagnosed schizophrenic or, at least we don't know a lot about it yet, but I get the feeling they will find some of the compounds to be quite effective for schizophrenia over time.

Dr. Sue Sisley has been given a grant to study vets with depression and PTSD and talks about the effects of medical marijuana here .

• Like Like x 1