Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana Ballots

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by FaMiLytilIdie, Jun 5, 2013.

1. #1 FaMiLytilIdie, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    It's probably been said already, I apologize if it has. But I'm just so excited :D
    Alabama, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and last but not least New Hampshire are the 11 states that added Medical Marijuana to this years ballots. We already have 18 states and the District of Columbia. If 7 of these states pass half of the United States will have legalized Medical Marijuana. We're taking baby steps but definitely making progress. If this is a democratic nation and over half of our states have legalized the use of cannabis for medical purposes than how can the government keep it as a class 1 drug? In fact I hope that they are pressured by the states to change the law federally.

If they were to change the class of cannabis what class would they move it to? I ask this because in order for a drug to be schedule 1 it can't have any valid medical uses. Obviously if over half of the United States believes that it does than will they move it to schedule 2? I don't know about that because for it to be schedule 2 the drug has to---1. Current medical use (fits the description) and 2. "[SIZE=12.800000190734863px]Abuse of the drug or other substances may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence." which doesn't fit with Cannabis at all. In fac[/SIZE]t if they decided to leave it as a controlled substance the only class that would fit is the V (the 5th) because in order to be in the fourth or third there has to be signs showing that there is a greater risk of dependency/addiction than the drugs in the previous class. In the 4th class it has benzodiazipines listed including xanax,clonazepam, and valium all of which can cause withdraws from discontinuing and even just lowering the dose (Withdraws so severe its often compared with hard opiates) . Withdraws like this are not even in the same vicinity as cannabis

severe sleep disturbance, irritability, increased tension and anxiety, panic attacks, hand tremors, sweating, difficulty in concentration, confusion and cognitive difficulty, memory problems, dry retching and nausea, weight loss, heart palpitations, headache, muscular pain and stiffness, a host of perceptual changes, hallucinations, seizures, psychosis, and suicide"

The only reason that I could even think of for even keeping it scheduled is that some may still argue the statistics showing juveniles in rehabilitation for "Marijuana Addiction" but what they're not realizing is that the majority if not all of those are from kids getting caught with personal amounts then having to choose between rehab,detox, or some other form of rehabilition for marijuana or jail. Sorry I'm just rambling now haha. 

What do you guys think about the matter? 

2. I think cannabis is well on its way to being fully legalized for recreational purposes and rescheduled in the next decade or two. I'm pretty sure that the government knows they fucked up the scheduling of cannabis since right now it is considered more dangerous than cocaine. And you have to be a retard to believe that. They are just trying to keep it illegal as long as the can because Big Pharma and the prison industries don't want to see it legalized at all. In fact, I believe they are lobbying for stricter penalties. If they weren't lobbying so fucking hard it would probably be legal now. But that doesn't matter, for now we are only going forward. Cannabis will be legal before the day I die, I guarantee you that. 

3. Well it depends if the federal government ACTUALLY allows to change the absurd category that Cannabis is placed in. That's the main issue that we're trying to solve but they are boundaries that stop it's trail from eradicating it's illegality status such as the pharmaceutical companies, timber industry, basically any corporate business that sees as a competition. 

The thing is since we have science on our side, we been able to disprove those bullshit false myths that have been repeated for the past 40+ years plus we have advocates that have recommended such as the American Heart Association (proves it's medical use). 

The thing is Cannabis can be abused if the person doesn't know how to be responsible with their usage but overall detrimental like--in the case of dying? Not even. Category 2 says that it has accepted medical use but high potential for abuse. It's only abused by irresponsible people.

Schedule 3 says that it has lesser dependence than schedule 1 or 2 drugs and also less risk for abuse. I don't know if this would reasonable since the measures of this is subjective.

Truth is that they can't entirely generalize because it honestly depends on the individual itself so the context of this is debatable and not absolute. If the individual is mentally unhealthy or irresponsible, they shouldn't be touching mind stimulants unless they are capable of being responsible for their actions instead of blaming it on a drug.