Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical marijuana and drug testing?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by soulofananimal, Mar 3, 2013.

1. #1 soulofananimal, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
    If you smoke weed medicinally, is it exempt on a pre-employment drug test like any other prescription would be?

2. i believe employers can still enforce a drug-free workplace and they are federally protected because the Fed Govt. doesnt officially regard cannabis as having any medicinal properties and is listed as a sched I narcotic.

3. I think California offers some protection to its citizens. Check your local regulations. My employer says anything is OK under the care of your physician as long as you don't come to work functionally impaired and I don't live in CA. so it can also very by employer.

4. #4 Izzy Mandelbaum, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    A positive test is not negated by a mmj recommendation. You can still be fired for it.
    'Prescription' is actually a recommendation, since doctors cannot 'prescribe' federally illegal drugs and you cannot fill your 'prescription' at a pharmacy.

"Convenient" for the system -> since we have no 'prescription' protections like other drugs, but we get charged with transferring 'prescription medicine' if we sell/give our medicine to non-card holders. :rolleyes: