Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Licensing and PTSD

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DCS, Jul 19, 2011.

  1. So a few years ago when i was in the heart of my teen years, i was sent away to a "program" for "behavioral issues". If any of you have seen the movie "Boot Camp", thats pretty much where i was, just with less shade. I was there for ~10 months, and when i was released on my 18th birthday, i began to have a very hard time sleeping, along with mood swings and appetite changes.

    I have yet to have it diagnosed by a doctor, but I'm almost 100% sure i have a mild case of PTSD.

    Would this be a pretty valid case for getting a medical card as the law sees it? I know many people can get one for less, but im actually wondering about the law. Lets say by Wasington or Colorado law.

    Thanks for any replies!
  2. ANy Med State SHOULD accept a PTSD patient.
  3. Of course - I don't see why not. Sucks to hear that, though.
    best of luck
  4. In some countries, cannabis is a frontline treatment for soldiers with PTSD. I read the sooner they get some cannabis in their system, the more likely they are of full recovery, and that getting cannabis in their system quickly can greatly reduce the psychological impact in the future.

    Plus, it's great for the symptoms of PTSD like insomnia, recurring thoughts, and anxiety.
  5. when i got out of prison i experienced the same problems. i came to the conclusion that after being in their for so long you get used to life on the inside, you eating at the same time everyday and going to bed at the same time every night you get used to the life style then once you get out you dont know know what to do with your self your life has no structure anymore. i swear when i got out i wanted to go back. but these feelings and syptoms passed within the next couple months for me. wish you the best of luck
  6. See a doc ASAP, get the pills he pushes on you (stash them), get your medical records, come to California and get legal!

    Even a couple pages of medical records, combined with the pills will qualify you in California with most of the doctors- especially the cheaper ones!
  7. Thank you for all the responses, I look forward to being able to smoke legally :)
  8. I've never tried to get medical MJ for my anxiety problems, and because PTSD would fall under that, I'm not sure how easy or hard it would be. I do know, however, that anxiety is one of the more difficult things to get MJ for, based on the experiences of my friends. Most did get it, but only after a lot of persistence.

Share This Page