Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical card

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BlazeyBones9, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I'm going to college in California. I'll be living on campus and I'm interested in getting my med card. I have insomnia so I have a reason to get one but I don't believe that I'll be a resident of the state only going to college there. Does anyone know if I can still get my card since I'll be in California for the majority of the year? Technically I am living there but I don't know the correct answer.

2. [quote name='"BlazeyBones9"']So I'm going to college in California. I'll be living on campus and I'm interested in getting my med card. I have insomnia so I have a reason to get one but I don't believe that I'll be a resident of the state only going to college there. Does anyone know if I can still get my card since I'll be in California for the majority of the year? Technically I am living there but I don't know the correct answer.[/quote]

you need to be a resident meaning you need a california drivers license. no other way to get a medical card

3. Just get a California State ID card or a California Drivers license.

4. Haha so from the sounds of it, it seems like I'm going to have to get my California drivers license. How would I go about doing that?

5. [quote name='"BlazeyBones9"']Haha so from the sounds of it, it seems like I'm going to have to get my California drivers license. How would I go about doing that?[/quote]

Show your address on paper that you are living on campus in california... Then turn in your old license for a new one. If you don't already have a license you'll have to go through the whole testing processes.

6. Thanks man, that's a lot easier then I was thinking.

7. #7 CaliOGKush, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    It's easy to get, if you want one you got it, you should look for deals/coupons online for recommendations near where you will be, some places will charge 60 for a rec, you can get one for 30-40.

The place where I got my rec, gives you a free year every time you recommend another 3 people to get recommended, once you have it, it's easy to keep (for free) because it's easy to find people, you can literally stand outside of the office and ask people if they can put you down as their recommendation, depending on the dispensary, some will give free items you first time, most out here do.
    Free edible(s), pre-roll, 4-5g 8/ths, all kinds of specials and deals for first time patients, and if you bring in other first time patients after your first time you can also get free items.

Depending on where you will be in CA I can point you in the direction of where to go if you want to PM me.

8. Umm no, you can just get a California State ID card if you don't want a license.

9. [quote name='"BlazeyBones9"']Thanks man, that's a lot easier then I was thinking.[/quote]

Yeah no problem dude. I mean there's a process to it but really that's the breakdown of it. But like someone else said you can just get the cali id by itself and it'll be enough.

10. Thanks for all the help guys, it's well appreciated. And I'll be going to university of Redlands, the campus is beautiful.

11. We have a very robust Medical Marijuana Forum here with sticky threads that tell you exactly what you need to do to get a MMJ recommendation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.