Medical Card & Firearms

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Deleted member 1089694, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Hi All,

Firstly, I recognize the conflict that exists between Federal and State laws. Marijuana is still illegal at the federal level, and the fed controls firearm laws.

Let me be crystal clear here - I am NOT trying to skate the law or ask for assistance in committing a crime.

What I am curious about is if there are other existing gun owners who have also applied for a medical card. What did you do with your firearms?

Does anyone here have a card and a spouse who kept firearms? How were you able to do that?

I've spoken to numerous lawyers and the answer is always the same - you must choose, weed or guns.

Ok, I want to choose weed. How do I legally address my existing firearm ownership prior to applying for a medical card?

Thanks all

2. You don’t. As the lawyer said, only one can be legal.
    it’s the same for us in the U.K. having guns is fine but get caught with anything, even the slightest bit of alcohol in your blood and it’s healthy jail time.
    If weeds ever legalised here it’ll be the same situation and rightly so.
    People with a med card are infinitely more likely to be fucking melted all day long.
    Shouldn’t be allowed to carry guns in any sort of state other than perfectly sober.

3. You won't have a police department to enforce the silly gun laws anyhow so keep your guns and your weed.
    You'll need both in the coming unsettled times.

Guns and ammo = Currency in the new age. Worth more then weed.
    Our weed shops are fully stocked and wide open but the Gun stores are all but empty and limiting customers to appointment only. Which one is more valuable right now?
    <-- had Riot / Looting just a 1/2 a block away. Our local CVS pharmacy was trashed and gutted.
    Launching joints from a sling shot at them didn't seen to slow them down much.
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. The federal background check system, for firearms, and the state medical card holder system are not intertwined. The feds don't know you have a med card and the Dr's don't know you have a firearm. If you don't get caught with both you won't get in trouble. My wife and I both maintained med cards while owning firearms and never once had an issue.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I dont disagree with you, but that doesnt necessarily help my situation. But I also have a family and need to stay legal. I qualify for medical with 3 ailments and am being forced to pick one right (to try medicine) over another right (to protect my family).

Anyone else personally have experiences with this conflict?

6. In theory. Are you comfortable sharing what State you are in or DMing me?

7. Colorado

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

8. Kept me awake a few nights before I got my head ironed out.
    Most of us are just to good at following rules.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
    Thomas Jefferson.

BNW

9. In Fla, I got a friend who has his CCDW and medical card. Had the CCDW for at least 10 years.
    Got his card when Fla went medical.
    They ain't said shit to him or I would have heard. I talk to him at least every 2 weeks, and on my way to Miami a couple weeks ago, I spent the night there.
    I have my CCDW but no card, with me on the transplant list they bitch when I test positive so Im back to the Oxy's until I get the mulit-viseral transplant

10. Doctor Patient confidentiality applies to your choice in pain medications and that is LAW.
    Your medical card Dr is not sharing his data base with the feds or state dept of Justice.

So far to my knowledge this has NOT been tested in court. If it has it was an add on charge to an otherwise much bigger case with very heavy charges on top. Spousal murder and the like. Felons possessing guns and Drugs is the usual add on charges.

Homeowners with a handgun and a baggie of weed is a non issue.

BNW

11. I haven't gotten a concealed carry permit simply because I don't want to be added to another 'government' list. I haven't gotten a Med. Marijuana card for the exact same reason. For those that pay attention a national 'concealed carry' law is getting ever closer to passing congress, no need for training(scary) and no need to be on a 'carry' list.(outstanding) The same with weed, inching ever closer to federal decrim, which will open the floodgates in most states.
    Personally, I don't see how federal decriminalisation lasts through the end of this year. With the 'protests'(rioting) going on at the level that they are "Police Reform" is at the TOP of everyones list. Legalising weed would be the easiest/quickest way to start that process and free up MASSIVE funding for other needs.
    Add in the huge unemployment/lockdown situation and the money that legal weed could make could tip the scales.
    Unless the public clap-back to these riots ends up in more off a Police-State type mentality. I didn't think that was possible until "They" 'Liberated' Seattle city hall and 6 blocks of downtown Seattle. Now all bets are off, lol.

12. #12 BrassNwood, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    LOL my Veterans Admin Doctor and I have to play the Oxy game since I test very high for THC. They never believe the results and run them several times for confirmation.
    He's always asking me just how much cannabis do you use?? As much as I need !!. Well you never seem stoned. I'm Never Sober. !!
    Ohhh WOW.
    So he can prescribe me 15 Ty-Cod tabs a month but only if I request them every time. So every 30 days I have to call in and whine. Nonrefilable one time script every time. LMAO
    Screwy system but we have the workaround for now.

Thankfully I don't need them but a time or 2 a month when the Hash capsules are not quite enough.
    I'd offer you a part or 2 but I'm not sure just what is left inside after so many slash and burns I've had done.
    :)
    I keep forgetting to ask for the old parts back.
    [​IMG]
    You are fully within your rights to have anything removed from your body returned to you.
    Damn I want "Colon in a Jar".
    Ok Next time I want the bits back......

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. My political Party

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. @BrassNwood
    With the multi-visceral surgery they change out the entire center section.
    I mean they leave about 6 inches of my original ass hole, and 6 inches of the tube going into my stomach.
    Everything else is replaced, stomach, intestines, liver, spleen, pancreas, spleen and whatever else is in there.
    Hell that would fill a aquarium of parts.... I might just do that.
    One hell of a conversation piece you think?

• Funny Funny x 1