Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical card and the army

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bryceman, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I'm in the army and live in los angeles. If I get a medical card do you think they would find out???

2. lookin for a way out of the armed forces?

3. This.

4. Would they find out? Probably not, unless you tell them. That said, it won't save you from a drug test, and you could probably be discharged if they do find out.

5. will, will, will i love your post's but ill tell you right now he wont prolly be discharged he will be booted with a dishonorable soo fast it will make his head spin.

6. Yeah, thats what I meant

7. This.

The military has very strict zero tolerance policies. I watched as several of my friends got the boot while I was in the Navy.

8. Well unless you actually use, they shouldn't find out. (Dr/patient confidentiallity).

However, everyone is correct in that if you use and are tested you will likely receive a discharge Under Less than Honorable conditions.

9. i thought you were able to use one in the military and i think it depends on what branch you go into...i'm joining the air force and its ok to have the card but it can only be used when your on leave...idk, theres the HIPPA(what ICGreen mentioned, dr./patient confidentiality) cuz they cant access your med records w/o your permission. cuz i know in the air force you get randomly selected every 2 years for DT unlike the others where its every year. idk if that helps haha lol wow i'm stoned :smoking:

10. In the Air Force you can be randomly tested anytime.
    My last piss test was a week before my retirement. In the stall next to me was a 1 star (the Wing Commander).
    The one prior to that was only six months earlier. :mad:

You may indeed not test for 1-3 years, or you could even have to do it 4-5 months in a row.

Also you may not use your med card while on leave and there are no branches of the service that condone usage.

1Sgt USAF Ret. ;)