media ignores gay democrat scandal (big surprise)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Mar 9, 2010.

1. In case you didn't ear about it (and you probably didn't) Mass. Democrat Eric Massa has stepped down after it came out he was making gay advances to other co-workers. Today he went off on fellow Democrat Raim Emanuel, for supposedly threatening Massa, while naked in the men's shower.

Imagine if all this was happening in the GOP. John Stewart, Matthews, Brian Willams and the gang would lead with it every night for the next week.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfT6_KFsl9I]YouTube - Eric Massa Unloads on Emanuel, Obama, and His Fellow Democrats.flv[/ame]

2. Yeah I really can't stand the America mass media anymore. All they do is infinitely perpetuate the two party system of the "young new" Democract and the "old white" Republican. Of course while giving favorable support to Democracts while claiming neutrality. I wish people would pay more attention to third parties like Libertarians.

3. How in the world is this more interesting than a Democrat stepping down after sexually harassing male co workers and being threatened by a nude Raum Emanuel over his vote on health care?

4. Well I don't know, personal preference I guess. The article I posted made me think about what life's like for an inwardly gay man who consistently votes against homosexual-enfranchising legislation. I thought it was particularly fascinating how he asked for his constituents to pray for him - pray the gay out of him I guess.

:smoking:

5. I beginning to think all of our elected officials are gay.

6. Did you hear the audio of the story he told about Rahm Emanuel approaching him naked in the shower at the congressional gym locker room?

He said they took the shower curtains away.

God, we live the age of 'gay'. :rolleyes:

7. #8 maxrule, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010

Rofl; that's the video. :p

[​IMG]

8. #9 Jamayah, Mar 9, 2010
    Setting aside the fact that this dude seems batshit crazy to me....

The answer to your question is fairly obvious.

In general the Republican party and a huge portion of their voters feel that homosexuality is immoral and a sin. Certain prominent Republicans (ministers, politicians, and more) who have spent years spreading fear and hatred of the homosexual agenda (their words not mine) amongst it's constituents have been outed publicly and here's the kicker..... It's funny and newsworthy because they are lying hypocrites who promote hatred of their own ilk.

The Democrats, in general, support gay rights and aren't quite as scared of homosexuality so when a dem comes out gay it's not as big of a deal because most of their party doesn't give a shit. Yes he lied about his sexuality to the people who voted to him and that was a stupid thing to do, but most homosexuals have to come out of the closet at some point so it's nothing new.

BTW Not only did I see an article about this on Yahoo, there is also one on Huffington Post OMG!!!
    Robert Gibbs: Eric Massa Comments Are 'Silly And Ridiculous'
    Eric Massa exits House, but not quietly - Yahoo! News

Edit: You know i'm having second thoughts about dems being more open to homosexuality, cuz they are all so apologetic about it if they get found out. Their constituents are definitely more open to it though and that's who the media is catering to.

9. This is a stereotype based on DNC propaganda. Did you know Obama is against gay marriage? Did you know that in California gay marriage was struck down in majority Democrat districts? Of course you didn't.

You're using the common excuse liberals use to excuse their own hypocrisy and bigotry. The fact is, the media and Democrats live in a world of double standards. The problem for them is that it only exists in their own heads. Which is why their popularity is evaporating and their media is floundering.

10. Not that surprising at all... considering that he is probably a member of the Bohemian Grove:hello:

11. Exactly.

Republican sex scandals SHOULD be bigger news than Democrat sex scandals because Democrats don't take money from groups like "Focus on the Familly" or "The Promisekeepers" or dozens of other such groups that want to legislate morality.

Bill Clinton had an affair. It was ALL the news talked about for three years or more.

David Vitter (R) admitted to having sex with a prostitute multiple times. When it came in the news, he asked for privacy for his family in his time of crisis. He was a topic of discussion ont the news for a week. He is still a serving Senator.

Elliott Spitzer (D) admitted to having sex with a prostitute, he resigned almost immediately.

John Ensign (R) admitted to having an affair. Evidence shows that he paid off family members of the woman he had the affair with to keep them quiet. He gave her son a BS job and paid him for services that the son never rendered. He asked for privacy. It was in the news for two or three days. He is still a serving Senator.

Mark Sanford (R) disappeared for a week. He did not tell the Lieutenant Governor that he was leaving the country. He called after he left and told people in his office he was hiking the Appalachian trail. After someone pointed out it was "hike naked" week or some shit like that, he said he was somewhere else. When he got home, he announced that he had a long affair with an Argentinian woman. He later admitted that he used taxpayer dollars to fund his trips to Argentina to get it on with his honey. He asked for privacy for his family in this difficult time. It was on the news for three or four days.

And oddly enough, David Vitter, John Ensign, and Mark Sanford were very vocal in the debate over impeaching Bill Clinton for having an affair.

I personally don't care what an elected official does in the private life. I don't vote for them for the role model that they are, I vote for them to get their damn jobs done.

But when it's someone that wants to legislate morality, wants to deny rights to gay because it's an affront to hetero marriage, then yes, I expect them to live up to what they preach.

If they aren't preaching in the first place, then I don't care.

12. Exactly, liberals are completely backwards. They prefer people with no principles or convictions, over those who fall short of theirs. Of course they also ignore the hypocrisy on their own side.

13. Actually I did know all that, however, if you look up who's saying things like God attacked New Orleans because of the sin there, or god is allowing troops to die because of homosexuality and sin in America, it's not predominately Dems saying it.

I don't know why I have to say this on yet another thread but ...

Fox has more ratings then all the other news networks. Fox often has more ratings than all the other networks combined. Therefore Fox is Main Stream Media. They are Media; sowhy do you insist on acting as if everything is media except fox?

So the media (which includes fox)and the democrats live in a world of double standards....so we're now giving republicans a pass? Why? I don't think anyone needs me to spend my time finding the countless double standards in republican background. Almost all politicians and media are equally guilty of having double standards and bias. It's akin to a lie when you imply that one side is guilty when the other (your side) isn't when they do the same shit.

Of course the double standard and the bias is a bad thing, but acting as if only one side does it is wrong, it's a lie, and it distracts us with these petty little semantics fights.

14. I heard about it... It's not really "hidden" news.

And both parties suck.

Anarchy baby. Anarchy.

Fuck I forgot.... I'm joining the army. :rolleyes:

(Edit)
    FOX SUCKS. CNN SUCKS. NEWS SUCKS. Fair and balanced is gone. Everyone has an agenda. Bipartisan this and that. STFU, and remember we're people. Major media is all sensationalist now anyways on both sides, pretty much, you all suck. ;)

15. pot calling the kettle black are we...

16. George Stephanopoulos Goes Easy on Gibbs, Shows No Interest in Naked Shower Fight Between Emanuel and Massa

17. The guy has changed his story several times and you're taking his word for it?

Why aren't you first questioning his honesty. Actually I know the answer, because you only accept stories as truth if they fit into your predefined version of the world.

From the Yahoo Article:

18. As far as family values go, there is no hypocrisy on the left. They don't preach about the sanctity of marriage and then wipe their ass with their wedding vows. That seems to be a distinctly Republican phenomenon.

And between Spitzer and the current Massa scandal, they both resigned. Republicans called for Bill Clinton's head, but not one Republican that has been caught in a scandal, even the three I listed above that called for Clinton's head, have taken an ounce of responsibility for their actions. Oh no, when it's them it's a private matter and even discussing it is a liberal conspiracy.

If the Republican Party really want to be taken seriously as the party of personal responsibility, then they need to require that same responsibility from their leaders. Or shut the hell up about the sanctity of marriage, because two men who decide to get married is not an assault on the institution of marriage, straight people who have the right to marry, but then can't live up to their vows IS an assault on the sanctity of marriage.

And Republicans are the only ones blathering on and on ad nausseum about the sanctity of marriage.

John Edwards cheated on his wife when she had Cancer and he has basically been kicked out of Democrat party.

Newt Gingrish had his lawyer deliver divorce papers to his wife who was in the hospital fighting cancer, AND while he was going on Fox News every day calling for Clinton's head.

Yet he is still held in high regard in the Republican party, a regular on Faux News, and people frequently talk about him making a run for the white house.

I used to be a Republican. I was there cheering for the impeachment of Clinton. But then scandal after scandal on the Republican side with no outcry from fellow Republicans made me realize there are creeps on both sides, but at the very least, Democrats aren't trying to tell people to live one way, while living very different lives themselves.

19. #20 CREAM, Mar 9, 2010
    Honestly though, both sides are raving hypocrites...Joe Biden comes to mind, Spitzer was another, etc.

Legislating morality is fucking retarded. Those that do legislate morality and are found doing immoral acts deserve all the scorn in the world. D, R, I or not, hypocrisy deserves every ounce of ridicule that is given to said person.

The real kick in the balls for me was as I grew I realized that republicans weren't the only player in town on this (what a naive idiot I was as a teenager). Are they much better at the high horse pitfall? Sure. But it is frustrating that most politicians seem to fall under this category nowadays, as officials are more concerned with keeping their jobs than legislating...so they preach things that may not necessarily agree with, and get caught with their pants down.