Media blackout of first Korean American woman in Congress.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tbone Shuffle, Nov 9, 2018.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. Pretty dumb of Trump to not hype it up or anyone else in the GOP. Just got a fox news story a few hours ago.

2. The left is the party of identity politics and they only do it when it benefits them. They go as far as dehumanizing their opposition if they are minorities. Look what they did with Kanye and other black people that don't play to their tune.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #4 Twistedd, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Tim Scott, Mia Love, Thomas Sowell, Colin Powell, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I was totally gobsmacked when I heard the CNN talking heads calling Kanye an illiterate mentally ill Negro.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I saw this on election night. Great story. The other side doesn’t care because it’s nothing having to do with taking down trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. How about Don Lemon? "The biggest thread to American is White people."

Um... Don.... American is over 65% white.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you didn't hear about the korean woman, then you weren't watching MSNBC.
    It's pretty clear which side is more vicious, and one piece of evidence for that is the recent mass shooter of jews. The shooter actually stated that he shot jews because of trump's violent caravan rhetoric.
    I watch both sides of this, fox and MSNBC, and it's obvious that trumpites are much more vicious.
    No liberal says the violent things, like "lock her up," now being applied to many political opponents, or "punch him in the mouth" that trump says.
    Liberals might believe that trumpites are stupid, but they still want them to have freedom, health care, and happy lives.
    Trumpites are taught to hate liberals, and gleefully bully them.

This division will only be over when both sides accept the same facts.
    That's not happening now, and it's obvious which side believes things that aren't true, like which had the bigger inauguration crowd, voter fraud gremlins, conspiracy theories, etc.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Wow!

Yeah the left isn't vicious or violent at all.. Not hitting people in the head with bike locks because they think they are wearing maga hats? Antifa is a bunch of nice guys and Hillary loses with grace. kanyegetaway.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. I googled it and didn't get a single article on the first page when I posted this. Can you post a clip that was dated before that?

10. What world do you live in? Antifa is the fascist violent left wing mob. And the mass shooter of the Jews hated trump just as much. You have Maxine Walters, Hillary, Pelosi all saying to get in the faces of trump supporters. Who harassed republicans at dinner in their private life? Yeah, the left is just bunnies and kitty cats. Smh

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. 262E42C3-828C-4BBA-95DD-228B6E4B6F2B.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Can't we all just get along?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. who cares? I doubt she deserves extra screen time just because she's Chinese

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. There has been no media blackout of Young Kim, who I believe will be an excellent rep.
    I spent a fair amount of time looking for the rachel maddow video I saw about it, but it's almost impossible to search for that, and it would be equally difficult to find clips about individual dem reps.
    But there was as much coverage of her as any other elected rep, as far as I can tell.
    From the day after the election in the ny times:
    Factbox: Women Shatter Many Barriers in Congress, States in U.S. Elections
    "First Korean-American woman elected to Congress: Republican Young Kim of California won a close race that secures her place as the first Korean-American woman elected as U.S. representative."

It isn't true that left wing violence is close to right wing violence, according to a group who should know, the anti-defamation league.
    From NPR Choice page
    "Still, their numbers are tiny in relation to the mainstream political left. And, say experts, it's misleading for right-wing groups to suggest that the Antifa are more violent than right-wing extremists.
    "The far left is very active in the United States, but it hasn't been particularly violent for some time," says Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow at the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism.
    He says the numbers between the groups don't compare.
    "In the past 10 years when you look at murders committed by domestic extremists in the United States of all types, right-wing extremists are responsible for about 74 percent of those murders," Pitcavage says.

The single biggest problem in our country right now is what constitutes fact.
    Until both sides base their arguments on provable facts, there will never be agreement.
    Worse, segments on both sides consider the other side to be terrible.
    I grew up in a republican household, have 4 republican siblings, and 2 of my best friends are republicans.
    I know them to all be kind, honest people.
    I have little doubt that if we both believed the same facts, that we would reach similar conclusions from those facts.

That reduces the problem to identifying truthful sources of news, and that's the most important argument all to have.

Fortunately, there are actual video tapes of people saying things, and those tapes can be used to separate truth from lies.
    As an example, trump recently lied on video tape about whether he knew Matt Whitaker, the possibly unconstitutional choice as acting attorney general, bypassing senate confirmation. Whitaker's previous words about ending the Mueller investigation, which are also on video tape, are the obvious reason trump hired him.

It's all in the first 2 minutes of the video.
    There are other videos of Whitaker entering the white house.

15. That's a Reuters article the NY times posted. They didn't mention her themselves. Still haven't seen a clip of it on mainstream TV.

16. They also didn't have to post it.
    Straw man arguments have no place in politics.

17. Maddow and Cooper. The only words I need to know I'm not waisting a second of my time on that. Charlatan fools.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1