Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MED CARDS & GUNS

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Vsvpflex, Jan 21, 2017.

1. I live in MI. Here we have medical marijuana. I am aware that you are technically not able to own a gun and have your med card at the same time legally, but what are the legalities about having your med card and living with someone who owns gun? I am considering getting my med card, but the person I currently live with owns guns so this is either going to be a deal maker or breaker for me. Thanks in advance! Happy toking.

2. Do you own it? No?
    Problem=No problem.

3. I think the only I issue is when you go buy a firearm from an FFL dealer. You state on the form that you're not a user of illegal drugs. Having a med card and buying from a FFL would be in conflict with each other.

Having a roommate with firearms is not a conflict between the two.

Buy from a private seller, still legal in most of the USA, and you won't be in conflict between the med card and the FFL forms.

You don't give up your rights simply because you enjoy cannabis!

• Like Like x 1
  4. If I am not mistaken I believe all firearm dealers have to issue a federal form that asks the drug question.