Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Med Card Questions [California]

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BurnTheKush, May 13, 2011.

1. Thinking about getting a med card. Before I can decide whether or not to get one, I'm wondering, when I go to meet the doctor, what documents to do i need?
    I know that I need a CA ID with my name, but is that all? Does the doctor take your ID number and put it in the computer or something like that? Don't want it to be on my record, or anything (Yeah I know that sounds stupid).
    All help is appreciated.

2. Most Dr's require nothing more than id, and cash. MOST require at least verbal medical history. No number put into a data-base unless you request it.

3. I just got my card today and I took in the report from my last set of x-rays on my lower back.. they don't want the entire medical file just what you want MMJ for.

4. Yes, i brought my Rheumatologists report and my Osteopathic Dr's report as well as my full medical file from my general. The Dr just looked at it, asked me why i wanted to try cannabis as medicine and proceeded to explain the current laws. i guess he figured i wouldn't have brought an inch thick folder if it wasn't valid.

5. :hello::hello::hello::yay::yay::yay::metal::metal::metal::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoking::smoking::smoking:

6. haha that's about the dance I did on the way to my truck after the apt. Sad thing is I can't seem to find a dispensary in town. Weed maps only shows deliveries.

7. Where're you at? i know a couple places and have some connects with others.

i have a friend who is a cop and he was laughing b/c he was doing surveillance on a Dr and he said people would walk in slow and with canes and then come out whislting and twirling their cane!:D

Shitty thing is those are the people that make it look bogus.

8. I took my medical file with me to get my MMJ recommendation.
    Always be over prepared than not prepared at all.