Mcjrs Girl Scout Cookies Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mcjr450, Aug 24, 2015.

1. #1 Mcjr450, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    Hi I'm Mcjr, I am new to the grasscity community. This is gonna be my GSC journal.. I've never done a grow journal be for so please if I miss something let me know. I am a CA medical marijuana card holder. I've been growing for almost a year now. I was growing afgan kush and some indica bagseed which turned out to be dank! Now I've decided to step it up with these cookies.
    Ok so here's what I got going.. my closet is a 2.5 ft wide 6.5 ft long and 4 ft high, that is my flower room which they are in right now. My veg/clone room is right under the flower room.. same size except hight is 3 ft and I'm using floros to veg/clone. I'm growing12 GSC clones I picked up from a dispensery in Palm Springs CA 2 weeks ago. And a GSC fortune cookie I got out the GSC bad I bought at the dispensery that same day. They are now 10 to 12 inches atm. I'm using FFOF soil and Nutes. I'm not sure what the ph is yet.. my meter is being shipped to me now. Day time temp is 83 night temp is 75. I plan on transplanting tomorrow into 3 gal pots which I will be flowering in. I plan on flipping the switch to 12 12 a few days after the transplant. I'm using a 400 watt mh/hps digital ballast and light. Friday I'm buying the cooltube for the light I have now and another 400 watt light with cooltube. I'm running a 430 cfm ventilation system and an air conditioner<span style="position: absolute;">. If there is any other information you guys would like to know please ask and I also appreciate and advise anyone would like to give me.. I hope you guys enjoy watching my girls grow as much as I do.</span>

2. #2 Mcjr450, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
    http://youtu.be/ilBVUpkpCws
    Sorry my video cut out before I could finish. What I was saying about my extra clones was that I was thinking about doing a scrog grow instead. The reason why is to keep my plant count down. SOG grows require a high plant count and my medical card says I can have 6 mature plants at one time. So I figure I can slowly switch to a scrog grow. While this set flowers I can start training a couple of my extra clones and see what I end up with.. I really appreciate anyone's opinion or even let me know what you think of the plants so far. I plan on running the mh bulb till the streach Is over.

3. #3 Mcjr450, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
    http://youtu.be/k8XFlbvh-FE
    Ok so my clones are basically all dead. Unfortunate accident. So I've got a huge question. My plants I took the clones from have been on 12 12 for 6 days now and today just started showing pistils. I ve got a few long limbs I was gonna cut off anyway. So my question is can I clone these or have I lost my window to clone? I would appreciate anyone's help on this so I can start asap since now I'm already a week behind.

4. I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure you could still try to take a clone if it's only been six days, and you'll be able to reveg it, it'll probably stress it out a bit but you could always try since you were gonna defoliate anyways? :)

5. Clone away dude
    You monster crop deep into flower if your into it. Sooo 6 days is weaksauce shouldnt be a prob imho

6. Yea I was thinking the same thing.. just throw a couple in the dome and hope for the best. I've just always read you can't clone once flowering but how long into flowering? I've literally just started so I'd think I my have a good chance

7. I just looked up monster cropping.. I did not realize you can do that. Crazy how it grows.. I bet you can do a good scrog that way!:) the only thing is they say it takes twice as long to start growing.. I wonder if that means my clones will take little bit longer than usual also.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Heres a update on the Girl Scout Cookies. I am now 10 days into flowering.. im counting from first sign of pistils. I have them on the fox farm nutrient scheduel half strenght atm. Since my last post they have they have stretched to a lil over 2 foot.. well most of them atleast. Yesterday i switched bulbs from MH to HPS and they seemed to really take to the new light. I ran the ballast at 75% for most the day yesterday the switched them up to 100% since they took to it so well. My temps are between 75 78 degrees during the day. At night they get as low as 70 maybe even high 60s.. i havent really woke up in the middle of the night to check but the intake to the closet comes from my bedroom and we like it cold at night[​IMG] Here are a few pics of them as of yesterday.
    IMAG07081.jpg
    IMAG07091.jpg
    As you can see they have gotten alot bigger than the video i posted about a week ago or so. And my plan for single cola plants went out the window.. i didnt realize how much these plants were gonna stretch and branch out. so i just pruned the braches to grow a single cola each.next set ill do a lil more pruning and do a comparison as to which grows better. I plan on getting a roll of mylar to wrap my closet walls with but my wife has me on a budget and ive been spending that on fox farm nutrients, 400 watt super hps bulb, FFOF soil and 2 new ph meters 1 that i recived broke and the other that is sitting in my mail box right now but its sunday. So i havent been able to test my ph at all still. im not really stressin it though my plants look very green and healthy. i only feed them every other watering and as long as they stay green and healthy and growth continues as its been i dont belive the ph is far off. here are a few more pics of some bud sites. the first 1 was taken the day befor i switched to HPS and the other was the day after i switched.
    IMAG07072.jpg IMAG07101.jpg
    And here are a pic of the clones. I was able to salvage a couple from the clone accident but the rest of them are cuttings i took last sat after they were in flower a couple days. today is the first day ive taken the dome lid off and so far so good. just keeping a close eye on them.. i dont want another accident this late.
    IMAG07111.jpg
    Let me know what you guys think so far[​IMG]

9. When I grew out my girl scout cookies from feminized seeds they were great. Actually got a very nice yield and good quality. My problem was I must of missed a male flower on one of the plants. Dam did that do me in. My whole grow was full of seeds.

10. Damn sorry about the seeds that's horrible. But you say you got a good yield through. That's definitely a good thing. From what I've read they say it's a low to medium yielding plant. How would you compare it to what you normally grow? I'd be happy with anything over 8oz with my setup and experience or lack of.. lol The thing that gets me with the GSC is the smell.. I love it!! I'm now 2 weeks into flowering and they are starting to stink so good:) And have well over doubled their size since I flipped the switch to 12 12

11. #11 Mcjr450, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
    Ok so ive got these 3 plants that have seemed to have missed the stretch. Im starting to notice some weird discoloration on a few of their leaves. they are getting dark turning a weird bluish purpleish color befor turning yellow. ive had them on the fox farm feedinig scheduel since day 1 and they are in fox farm soil but it seems that they take alot longer to dry up so they are behind the others on their scheduel. Im not sure what the ph is since i havent been able to even use my ph meter yet.. i had finally recived it but it didnt come with calibration solution.. i will be picking some up tomarrow. so what i think the problem is a phosphorus difecency. The very stunted growth the wierd color leaves and slow drying pots make me think that. im really not sure if im right but if i am how do i take care of this issue? here are a few pics. this is only happening to 3 out of 12.. the other 9 look great![​IMG]

IMAG07161.jpg IMAG07181.jpg IMAG07171.jpg

12. IMAG07231.jpg
    IMAG07241.jpg
    IMAG07251.jpg
    IMAG07271.jpg
    IMAG07261.jpg
    IMAG07281.jpg
    IMAG07291.jpg
    IMAG07301.jpg

So today is day 17 of flowering. Just thought id post some pics. They are doing really well, ive been watering every 3 to 4 days with feedings in between. the 3 im having issues with were just feed yesterday so hopfully that helps. also the last pic is of my clones.. they seem to be taking a while to start vegging again.. ive had them out of the dome for about 2 weeks and tthey have been in there new pots for a week. The tall 1 is from the seed i found in a bad of GSC. in the rockwool i have a few cheesewreck seeds im starting up.

13. Whoever said you cannot clone a branch from flower doesn't know what they are talking about. Every year I walk through and take a clone from every seed strain that is worth keeping when they are in week 6-7 of flower. Normal 8-11 days to show root mass about 1-3 weeks of 24hr light veg and I have my new mommas which are nice 2nd Gen so the majority of clones for next year's garden and inside are 3rd gen.(my favorite, plant knows you and you know plant :)) I've saved plenty of strains that still go around today! Here's a pic of my cloner right now. Everything is in different stages but you will get the picture of what I'm explaining.

Attached Files:

14. Oh wow.. those branches have full bud on them. Nice! The 6 clones I've got have pre flowers on them. Now you said you put them under 24 Hr light. Dose that help 're veg them faster.. I have mine under 18 6. I've had them out of the dome for almost 2 weeks now and I still haven't seen any new growth. I know they had good roots when I transplanted.

15. My indoor veg is always 24hr light. Just the way I've done it for years. I find they grow quicker and start to flower a little quicker when introduced to 12/12 and I don't have to worry about timers light leaks etc... it's preference though every grower has his/her way. Won't hurt the plant though ; )

16. Sometimes they take a minute. I've had a small few take up to 6 weeks to unravel. I use a ez and turbo clone machine though so I know the plant is still kicking because my roots tend to be a foot or more long when I transplant into soil so just do the waiting game. Some people will say you lose genetic "data" and plant will lose certain abilities (smell, potency, yield etc.. ) I disagree with thy as well. I have only seen plants lose intrigerity when to many generations have been created. Like 60+ generations. (Taking a clone from a clone then taking a clone off the clone you just took X60 lol) be patience. Cannabis is a hearty hearty plant

17. Yea im really good at playing the waiting game.. lol they are very green and healthy looking.. I know they are gonna make beautiful plants:)

18. Heres some pics Day 20 Flowering. They are already completly covered in frost. Im just really happy they are doing so well.. the 3 i was having issues with seemed to have slowly started to recover.. im getting good new growth and nice looking flowers on them also. as for my clones they are starting to grow and look really strong.

IMAG07312.jpg
    IMAG07371.jpg
    IMAG07351.jpg
    IMAG07361.jpg

19. I gotta admit so look great! I have some kirkwood og seeds that have a much similar structure actually most my og strains have same structure and those huge trichromes that start around week 2 1/2- 3. I know some plants are inherent of red stems on leaf and your plant seems to show no sign of stress but it it does or the stem gets a woody/hard feel to it throw a little Epsom salt in with your water or feed. Don't ponder on it though, most problems in my opinion are caused by over thinking and changing the routine. Keep doing what your doing though they look awesome. I only throw that tip in because magniusum defeciency (for me at least) starts with darker green leaves and red stems then it seems overnight you get the burn and spots etc. But I've grown many a strain that it's 100 % normal for that thick leave and red stem. I was actually just looking through feed and saw that small problem you had before in pictures . Are you using tap water? PH or ppm of your water? At a quick glance it looks like it was a phosphorus defeciency (not really a defeciency just your plant can't break it down, if you have any type of potting soil there's plenty phosphorus in it just not plant soluble at the time.) If the problem went away with just water awesome but if it comes back again my honest advice is to throw a pinch of esom salt as a dressing for soil or just mixed with your water (how I use it ) . Lol I'm a little stony right now sorry! Keep doing what your doing!:) looking forward to keeping up on this post. Here's a pic of a my 3 year old og strain I just cut a little early (unfortunately:(, water issues) but very similar to g.s.c. I think

Attached Files:

20. thanks I am really happy with how well they are doing. As for the red stems and dark leaves I believe it's a GSC trait. They have been like that since I had bought them as clones. I was concerned about it at first I until I started looking up other GSC grows and pics. They look a lot like the forum cut. Yea I use tap water.. I let it sit out at least a day be for I use it. Not sure the ph or ppm. Seems that I don't know how to calibrate a ph meter properly.. used up my solution and messed it up somehow. I've ordered more.. lol That og looks good.. that is one of the reasons I went with GSC cuz of its og genes. I wanted to grow og to begin with actually but GSC was the closet thing the dispensery had. And I'm very happy I went with this strain. I just wish I could share the smell.. it's like nothing else out there.. it's a very distinct smell.

• Like Like x 1