McClellan Admits That He Helped Bush in a Propaganda Campaign

Discussion in 'General' started by bkadoctaj, May 31, 2008.

1. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7qk3pn3XAy0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7qk3pn3XAy0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGHQMmDBpxU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGHQMmDBpxU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Any thoughts? :)

2. yup thats politics for ya. It has nothing to do with Bush. Its the way government works.

3. Shit alot of people had to of and did. I mean he has guts to do what he did and claim that Bush used propaganda to force the Americans into going into Iraq. Anybody who did would be highly criticized and such. Kinda like a treason thing. He must of just said enough is enough. And please no one back up Bush. Your a fucking retard if you think he ain't corrupt.

4. GOVERNMENT=PROPAGANDA=CORRUPTION=GREED=POWER HUNGRY

its all the same shit. Bush was no more corrupt than any other president.

5. lol Well... is there anything you like in your life? If not, then yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Presidents had a role in getting us to now. :D

6. QFT

No politician is a saint.

7. Tell me about someone who is.

8. Um, yea, that's the whole problem :rolleyes:

The people and congress have lost more and more power to the Executive branch over the years, primarily since WW2. Presidents are only figure heads to the establishment, which is the money interests present since 1913.

We have only the constitution or the people to thank for any freedoms we have, not the Presidents or government. The government, like fire, is a dangerous servant and fearful master.

Bush is only so heavily criticized because of his personal disdain for the English language, and the fact that the internet is around to inform. The other Presidents simply had better control over media propaganda outlets.

9. Such a problem that you even have the freedom to say it is a problem.

The state has also lost more and more power to the people of the world. :)

No, we have faith in the broad interpretations of the Constitution as the intentions behind the founders' drafting of it. It's a piece of paper like any other, including a dollar bill. You've got to believe/trust it to make it mean something good.

Oh, is that all? Yeah... too bad he went through Yale and Harvard... just his shitty English that's the problem.

10. I think there are some. But in general I can see most are corrupt. Most follow along because they dont' wanna get fired or criticized.

11. Yea i love everything in my life. Im just saying the truth though. Of course the government and the presidents had a major role in creating this wonderful country (nothing is perfect so no one say something like america sucks). However, i feel that most presidents and government officials use propaganda and are corrupt. Some want to "change the world" yes, but most are in it for power. Its human nature.

finally some sense. This is 100% correct.

12. I suppose so, relatively speaking, considering the American idea of a republic governed by law and not a ruling class is new to human governance. But since its inception we have only lost power to the government, the ruling class, and global bodies of political power (if that's what you are implying as people of the world...).

The Constitution is not a living document that the Federal Government can interpret however broadly they want. I assume you are referring to the "general welfare" clause and "necessary and proper" clause.

Some words of Madison:

"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."

In 1817 he reminded congress:
    "the framers had marked out in the constitution itself a safe and practicable mode of improving it as experience might suggest" (amendment process)

Later in his life he added:
    "With respect to the words General Welfare, I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the COnstitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators"

Please don't make a mockery of what they built.

13. What I find more remarkable than all the Bushites uttering the same response to the McCellan's book, is the collective look of shock on their faces. Seriously, I haven't seen this many Republicans in shock since Senator Obama won Iowa. Working for the most unpopular President in American history just got a little bit tougher.

Another thing I find curious, is the fact that everything McClellan reports in his "tell all" is what we already know, and the fucked up part is that we were just fine with it before the story broke.

[Infinity Note: How long has it been since 911 but ground is zero is still in a holding pattern?]

14. As Colbert said in reference to the book, "You have balls... if it were 5 years ago"