Maybe some one here can help

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by KottonMouthKang, Nov 8, 2008.

1. i play cs:s and i got a new computer so i have to move my graphics card to the new comp. the problem is that i cant get the drivers to install and i have no idea what to do about it
    any one got any ideas?

2. #2 TokersAnonymous, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2008
    Congrats on a new computer. That's something I need to do! If you need to download the drivers, If it's an NVidia, go here
    If it's ATI, go here

If you have the drivers, and they can't install, try completely uninstalling the old drivers through Device Manager. Right-click My Computer, select Properties, go to the Hardware tab, select Device Manager, and it is under "Display Adapters". This is for Windows XP, I don't know how much different Vista would be, but I think they're similar. It will ask you to reboot, your resolution will be temporarily weird (this is normal). Then you can install the new one. Let me know how it goes.

3. thanx for the help and it is xp. ive done all of that maybe 10 times now, ive gone thru the step by step downloading instructions and still it wont work. i just tried it one more time and the message i get is "setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software setup. please make sure you have the required software." this comp should be better than my old one which i had no problems dling the driver on. and ofc there is nothing that tells me how to check what kind of software i might need first