Maybe some help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sir Growsalot, Feb 22, 2013.

1. First post here, I'm Mario, nice to meet you all.

Anyway I have an indoor plant 3 weeks into flowering. It seems to be doing just fine, other than the size of the buds. They seem a bit small. She's a foot tall. I grow with two CFL bulbs, 1600 lumens each. I feed her MG bloom booster, even though I hear its not good, but some nutes are better than none. I topped a few times, I have 8 tops. I figure I topped too many times, but not sure. I have a fan on her all day, her dark room is light tight, and everything else that I could optimize on my budget is fine.

My questions: Anyone have tips for some bigger buds? Is 8 tops too many for the typical strains? And has anyone ever yielded less than an ounce from a smaller normally grown plant?

Thanks, Happy Smokin' :smoking:

2. any idea of the strain? 8 tops is fine. with cfl's or any indoor setup a flat canopy will allow more even intensity of light. so basically more tops the better. don't top during flower. check out low stress training(lst) for future reference. i think you'll like it.

don't worry bout bud size too much yet! there is something called the 40/60 phenomenom, that say the first 40% of time in flower the plant will be in a sort of growth/stretch phase. The remaining 60% is called fatten stage where the plant begins to focus on flower production. What this means to you is, that depending on your particular plant, the grow/stretch period could last anywhere from 17 to 48 days. 4 weeks is usually a good avarage based on my encounters with "knowns" and unknowns. Look for growth to level off and buds getting bigger. Its a thin red line but you can tell within a day or two if you pay close attention. When this occurs you then have a pretty good estimate of her due date. (Take the number of days from 12/12 and multiply by 2.5) example: 28 days X 2.5 = 70 days.
    Not a big expert on ferts but Miracle Grow tends to get trashed on here, but my honest opinion is the fella i learned from used it and his bud was good. Our new fancy stuff and ideas were a little wierd to him actually. lol. His bud was good though. Check out Old School Grow Advice for some good advice on your nutrition program if you need it.

3. Thank you. I figured they just started out slow, ill just let her do her thing. Regardless of the yield, its free bud :p

4. you got the right attitude. to tell you the truth i stopped weighing harvests and it has increased my enjoyment. I know my skills are increasing and i don't need a scale to tell me that. The bud speaks for itself. its a journey...good luck man. and stay safe