Maybe looking for some like minded writers.

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by TF_17Recruiting, Apr 6, 2009.

1. TF 17 writes in groups, of open minded, creative outlet seeking individuals, who happen to be Star Trek fan, and just want to have some fun. Here is an example of our work.

Take a look if you think you might be interested in writing with us:
    http://www.tf17.bravofleet.com/

<0400>
    < USS Durga>
    < Major General Futain's Quarters>

“ I know you are tired, so am I, we have been at this all night, Sweed but the sooner we get it all done, the sooner Dr. Stoner will let us bring Janice home, to her own ship, and she can be happy again.” Sweed was so kind to help her with setting up the furniture, and putting Janice's things away.

He sighed, drained his soda, kissed her on the lips, and then picked up a heavy upholstered chair.
    “ Your lucky I love you , you know that.”

“ Just put that behind the desk.” Worth pointed to the old wooden desk that Janice was so proud of since her first command on the Venerable.

Sweed sat down the heavy chair, and picked up the sword on the desk .
    “ Is she going to want this in here or her office?”

Worth sighed. “ neither , she wants it sent back to the Riverdale family somewhere on Earth, long story.”

Sweed nodded. “ It always is with Janice.” Sweed realized it was not usual for a Lance Corporal to call a Major General by her first name, but there again Janice Fultain was an unusual Major General.

<^> Sgt. Major Worth you have an incoming communication.<^> The voice of that annoying communications officer rang through the air.

Worth looked over at Sweed, with a heavy sigh.
    “ Just what I needed. “
    <^> I am in Major General Fultain's Quarters put it through to the screen here please. <^>

<^> Right away Sergeant <^> She replied. Technically even the lowliest Ensign out ranked Worth, but she was a unique enigma in the corps: a Sergeant Major, and the aide to one of the most powerful women in the Marines. Jo Ann could rain hell, fire, and brimstone, on those who crossed her and most officers had the good sense to know it.

The familiar Star Base 400 logo appeared on the screen, and the face of none other than Captain Mike Bremer appeared a couple of seconds later “ Hello Sergeant “

Jo Ann and Sweed saluted, just in case there was some one in the room with Bremer. “Captain Bremer.”

Bremer chuckled at the mean little woman, and her faithful partner in crime, the laziest Marine in the corps, Lance Corporal Sweed,
    “ Down Worth.”

Seeing he was in a casual mood she nodded at Sweed and sat down in Janice's chair.” Captain Bremer, what can we do for you?” She asked.

Visibly he took a deep breath “ Worth I need an ask.”

Sweed leaned in folding his arms over the back of her chair.
    “I'm listening” She replied and waited, knowing this would be good, because Bremer was not in the habit of asking favors.

<0420>
    < Leonard McCoy Medical Center>

After the communication from Brancer with her new orders, Janice slept peacefully for a few hours, and then out of habit at 0500 she awoke to a heavenly fragrance filling the room, and she opened her eyes.

“ Computer Light”

“ Oh my” She whispered, blinking.

On the floor and one her bed where strewn hundreds of petals from Carolina Pink, and American Beauty, and white Adelaide d'Orleans, roses.
    On the table in front of her was a large crystal vase filled with more of the rose petals in the bottom, a piece of fine watermarked parchment with gold lining , folded in half. She took a few of the rose petals in her hand, and then look at her sleeping twins on each side of her. She wished that they could see it .

It touched her heart, and brought a tear the same way it did five years before....

< Serious Flash Back to 2378 Begins here>

< New Orleans: Emmaline's Hotel, well a holodeck simulation there of>

Janice opened here eyes, felt his arms still around her , and smiled, not only because he had kept his promise, and not let go of her, but because scattered all over the sheets, the pillows, her skin and her hair were red, white and pink rose petals

She took some his the palm of her hand and smiled, tossing them over his shoulder, as they laid there together, holding each other.

She whispered. “ Don't you think someone is going to find out?

Bremer smiled back at her, he was just happy to see her so happy and relaxed “ No, not the way we act toward each other in public.” A small laugh escaped his lips at the ideal of any of any of the Admiralty or the Marines even considering the idea that he, and Col. J. Fultain were snuggled up together spending a lazy morning in an antique sleigh bed, with the hot New Orlean's sun shining gently down on her beautiful skin. He would have drawn the drapes if it had not been such a lovely thing to look at.

Janice touched his face, and snuggled in closer. “ That's true. I think we have them fooled pretty good, but I hate it.”

He nodded, and kissed her. “ I know Love, I do too, for right now we both know its for the best.”

<End of Serious Flash Back>

She wiped a tear from the corner of her eye, and then took the note out and read it:

Dearest Janice,

Your pain is mine,
    I love you and always will.
    As always the invitation is open,
    and I hope you now that you are free
    you will accept, and let me take
    care of you

Captain Bremer

Tears ran down her face, she knew that Captain Bremer was not there. He was on his base, and some how had enlisted Worth to help him invoke a precious memory.

She looked over at her twins again, “ Emmy, Marc, “ She whispered gently, to them.

At their mother's voice the sleepy three year olds opened their eyes.
    She watched them looked at the flower petals all around them. Marc put some in his hand, and Emmaline just sat there for a moment taking it all in.
    “Mommie this is pretty.” She said, pushed the blanket off of her, around her to see all them.

“Pink, red and white, like Valentines Day, who sent you Valentines mommie?” Marc asked her skeptically

Janice blushed and touched his nose with the note “ None of your business.”

He laughed, and reached for it, but Janice pulled it out of his reach, “ But I will make a deal with both you.” She said . Janice knew how to get the twins to cooperate with her.

“ What's that mommie?” Emmaline asked as she happily played in the rose petals tossing them over her head, again and again.

“ Well, we are going to play a game.” She took the face off the table. “ We are going to play hide the petals.”

“ Hide the petals. What kind of game is that?” Marc asked looking at his mother.

“ Well we are going to put all of these petals back in the vase, and hide them from daddy.” She smiled. “ And we we get them hidden, Emmaline I will brush your hair, and we can have a snack.”

Marc jumped. “ A snack?”

“Oh boy.” Emmaline sat her doll aside, and then looked at it. “ Mommie, Pearl wasn't here last night, how did she get here?”

Janice shrugged, guessing that either her parents, her grandmother, or maybe even Marcus had brought Emmaline's doll to her. “ Maybe daddy brought it, or Granny Emma.”

Emmaline smiled, and tucked her carefully under the sheets. “ I am glad they did. I bet she likes the petals , and she missed you too mommie.”

“ Well, I missed her too.” Janice looked down at the doll, that she had Marcus gave Emmaline as a present on the twin's birthday. The little girl loved and treasured the doll, and rarely went anywhere or slept with out her.

Marc rolled his eyes, and made his way down to the floor.” Mommie, Can we start now. I'm Hungry.”

“ You sure can.” Janice said handing down the vase, and then turning toward Emmaline. “ Hurry, now, you don't Marc to beat you, and Marc sit that vase on the floor and be careful with it.”

The twins began the task of picking up the petals and putting them in the vase, and the nurse walked . “ Janice I saw your light on, and thought I would stick my head around the door. Do you need anything?”

Janice smiled. “ Would three chocolate donuts with sprinkles and two cold glasses of milk, and one cup of tea be out of the question?”

The nurse laughed and walked to the replicator “ I think we can manage that.”

The twins finished their task and hearing that they were about to get donuts jumped for joy. “ Yay donuts”

Janice picked the petals up from the bed, and put them into Marc's hands.
    “ Here now you put these in the vase, and then hide the vase in the closet.” She said with a devious smile.

The nurse sat the tray with the donuts in front of Janice, and then helped the twins back up to be next to their mother. “ Those rose petals were just gorgeous, everyone stopped and looked in. He must really love you.”

Janice smiled, and slid the last few into her prayer book, with the note hiding his words in her heart forever.
    <OFF>

Major General Janice Fultian
    USS Durga, Officer in Command

Special Guest Writer
    Captain Mike K'Wor Bremer
    Commanding Starbase 400
    USS Pegasus, USS Yorktown, USS Luna
    http://www.bravofleet.com/sb400

Emmaline Denise Fultain-Shepherd
    Marcus Jason Fultain-Shepherd

Joe Ann Worth , Evil Genius and Sergeant Major Extrodoinare'
    Lance Corporal H.M. Sweed, Dog's body,